Windows 7 Not Enough Memory

emtisiluis

How can I investigate possible cause/s for 'Not enough memory'?
I frequently encounter this but when I check the task manager, used virtual and physical memory didn't even reach half of the available memory.
thank you.

Most common cause of Not Enough Memory message is a shortage of virtual memory / a too small page file. Enlarge it and see if it helps (you will find it in the Advanced System Settings)

In such situations ,you can run disk clean up and if that doesn't work you can try defragmentation .It is a process which physically organize contents of your mass storage device and store files in smallest fragments. sometimes this is the reason of this popup even after trying this also your problem persists you may definitely refer to Microsoft support page.

How can I investigate possible cause/s for 'Not enough memory'?
I frequently encounter this but when I check the task manager, used virtual and physical memory didn't even reach half of the available memory.
thank you.
Check for malware too:
This app is free and excellent to use:
Malwarebytes

Also check your not running any unwanted browser extensions.

Hey Pat!

thanks for the heads up. Have you been doing any hill walking in this heat? Might be cooler on the tops as they say.. :)

Wish I had time! Seriously thinking of chucking this retirement business and going back to full time working for a rest! Going on holiday 6th September (after fitting in two funerals, two baptisms and two weddings and whatever else pops up in the mean time.)

Back