Windows 7 Not enough server storage is available to process this command

ragho4u

I have a setup in my SOHO where I have made a desktop running Win 7 Professional as a File server and connected about 6 laptops either running XP or Win 7 through the wireless.

I keep getting this error message in my XP laptop when I try to access the shared folder in the File server ..... "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"... All along it used to work perfectly, seem to be geeting this quite recently after i increased the clients from 3 to 6.....

Can some one help me out please...

Ragho

Hello and welcome to the forum.
If you are comfortatble navigating and editing registry values? Then open the registry editor (on the Windows 7 File Server) and navigate to the two folloing keys and edit the values as indicated:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management edit the "LargesystemCache" value in the right pane from 0 to 1
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters edit the "Size" value in the right pane from 1 to 3
Disclaimer:
Using the Windows Registry Editor can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. It cannot be guaranteed that any problems resulting from the use of the Windows Registry Editor can be solved. If you choose to edit the Windows Registry please understand that you do so at your own risk so unless you feel fairly comfortable and confident you should probably not use the Editor. Changes made to the Windows Registry can take effect immediately and those that do not will take effect following the next reboot of your computer, and a current backup is not automatically made for you....So manually create a system restore point, backup the registry and export the key you are editing for safe keeping before doing so.
Reboot your Windows 7 file server for the changes to take effect.
Regards
Randy

Back