Windows 8 Not supported web page

micke

Recentley upgraded to windows 8, on certain web pages I am getting the message, Part of this web page is not supported & may not render properly ( open in default browser) (dismiss)
I was trying to download music video also on some Microsoft pages when trying to get help, I am running IE
can anybody help please

Try changing to IE 10 Compatibility Mode. Either use the broken box looking icon at the end of the Address box in the browser or use F12 and change to Compatibility Mode.

IECompatibilityModeAddress.jpg

IECompatibility mode.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try changing to IE 10 Compatibility Mode. Either use the broken box looking icon at the end of the Address box in the browser or use F12 and change to Compatibility Mode.

View attachment 946

View attachment 945

Thanks medicted60, went into tools selected f12 developer tools changed to ie compatability view,come out of msn8, went back in & it defaulted to ie10, doesn't appear to be sticking, still getting same message re not supported web page, the web page I was using was sing magic,looking for songs, my old xp system allows me to look at these songs but not windows 8 is this anything to do with windows 8 not supporting certain media's, your help is much appreciated thanks

Thanks medicted60, went into tools selected f12 developer tools changed to ie compatability view,come out of msn8, went back in & it defaulted to ie10, doesn't appear to be sticking, still getting same message re not supported web page, the web page I was using was sing magic,looking for songs, my old xp system allows me to look at these songs but not windows 8 is this anything to do with windows 8 not supporting certain media's, your help is much appreciated thanks
May have been a little bit hasty, if I use bing bar to access web page I can display the songs iam looking for but not going via google app on start screen thanks once again

Back