Windows 7 Nothing but problems with Windows 7 Install

White00Chevy4x4

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and just really looking for some answers. I have been trying for the last 3 days to install Windows 7 and every disk I have tried has failed. I have tried to install Windows 7 Home, Professional, and Ultimate and all with no luck at all. The installation starts off excellent, however, before it is able to complete I am stuck with the BSOD on all three of them. I am running out of options, patience, luck, and money! I have tried to remove RAM, I have tried to plug in only the essential hardware (Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor) and still no luck.

The message I have been getting is : 0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x85EA8024, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

Any help will be appreciated!

Start here..... Link Removed due to 404 Error

But also,, may need to update your BIOS...

Ca you post your full system specs?

Last edited:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.21GHz
2 GB Ram
200GB ATA Hard Drive
Dual GeForce 7300 GS SLI Video Cards

Unsure of what else you may need

I'm beginning to think Windows 7 is a lot like the 2002 Altima I just purchased... Never knew it was junk until purchased. Bought a Altima that was burning oil... After the purchase, began typing 02 Altima Oil into search engines and get overwealmed with the exact same problems out of loads of other folks. I am beginning to think Windows 7 isn't worth the darn headache... :frown:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.21GHz
2 GB Ram
200GB ATA Hard Drive
Dual GeForce 7300 GS SLI Video Cards

Unsure of what else you may need

When I tried to install Windows 7 it failed too. I'm still not clear why it did. Possibly the video card but I too had an AMD processor and it's one of those things I thought about. Maybe Windows 7 was written more for Intel and if it works with AMD a person gets lucky.

The newest versions of OSX (mac) wont work with non-intel processors. Maybe Microsoft is moving along the same lines but forgot to mention it or just didnt care.

I had exactly the same problems with GEFORCE 7300gt and finished up taking out video card and replacing with a ATI rage pro I had and it loaded with no problems whatsoever and is running great

like tepid said above i would suggest a bios update ..........

do you know the exact name of your hard drive ?

what was your previous operating system installed on this hardware and was it running ok ?

Try copying the whole of the DVD contents into a safe folder (It will have to be on another partition, of course) called "Setup" and run it from there.

I had exactly the same problems with GEFORCE 7300gt and finished up taking out video card and replacing with a ATI rage pro I had and it loaded with no problems whatsoever and is running great

After you got Window 7 up and running did you try and put the 7300gt back in to see if it would work?

I dont know which is the better card but I'm wondering if Windows was just choking on the installation.

I did try with the 7300gt but still had problems with it, si I thought it may have been a faulty card and as it is running quite happily with the ATI card I will leave that in, I am not into gaming and probably it is not as fast as it would be with the 7300gt it will be OK for me.

A8N-SLI Deluxe

As an aside,,, please keep in mind that that board may not be compatible with Win 7.
The last updates of any kind for that board were released in April 2008 and the last BIOS update was 2007.

There are Vista Drivers and such, which may or may not work.

Just cause you think it should be compatible, does not mean that it is, nor does that make Win 7 = junk.

Back