Windows 7 Officejet 6000 wireless

BrianW

Kind of frustrating when you find the printer you want that says "Windows 7 ready" at the store. As of this posting the HP Officejet 6000 will not work with Win7 64bit in the standalone configuration. Athough the OS recognized the printer and the device shows up in the "Device and Printers" section, I could not print a test page from the printer "properties". The CD comes only come with XP, Vista and Mac drivers and when trying to install the CD software i received an error message that said that it didn't recognize the operating system. Thought that maybe using something similar (but updated) from the HP site would help but that proved not to be the case and got the same error message when trying to install.

I tried two different units and worked with HP Tech support for 2 hours incorporating a couple of registry edits authorized by the supervisor and still no go.

Hmmm, I recent bought an OJ 6500 Wireless AIO and Win7 has no problem printing to it - BUT, I don't use the wireless, and instead use the more secure Ethernet. I recommend you uninstall all the drivers and start over, this time connecting the printer to your router via an Ethernet cable and give that a try. If that works, then you know the problem is on the wireless access side, and not strictly a printing issue.

Thanks but the issue wasn't even wireless. I couldn't even get it to print a test page via USB cable plugged directly to the computer. Maybe the unit wasn't made to be directly connected to a computer???

Then it would not have a USB port.

It looks like HP will full drivers at the end of the month.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back