Windows 7 One computer is 3 times as fast

lostsoul65

I have an E6550 Intel 2.33 Gig dual core (Windows &7) - 4 Gigs of 6400 RAM - 1 TB Sata 3 (6 Gb) Hard drive
The other is a AMD 955 3.2 Gig Quad core (Windows 7) - 60 GB SSD Hard drive and 2 USB3 Hard Drives - 1333 Gigs of RAM
The AMD does a virus check at 3 times the speed using the same software so is it 1.The CPU 2.The RAM 3.The Hard Drive which on paper is the same speed but not in reality? Or all 3? But which one gives it the most speed?
I'm going to build another computer which is an 8 core and just wondering what gives it the most speed?

For most applications, computer speed boils down to how fast the CPU manipulates information. This depends primarily on its clock rate, amount of cores, cache memory and bus speed.
Computer speed also depends on how fast the CPU gets the information it needs.http://www.ehow.com/info_8587992_gives-computer-speed.html# Most of this information comes from RAM. RAM receives requests for information, fetches it from long-term storage and supplies it to the CPU. It also stores the computer's operating system and open applications. The more RAM a computer has, the more applications and files it can work with simultaneously.
The effect the drive has on computer speed lies in how fast it reads and writes information. The faster it does this, the sooner it can send data to RAM, and the faster the CPU can do its work.

So, to answer your question, it would be all 3.

Hope this helps
Don

Hi

All of the specs on the second computer are superior to the first one.
I would expect it to be much faster.

Mike

Mike

It says the says the second computer has a quad core 3.2 mhz processor and a SSD hard drive. You can't get a lot faster then that.
The USB drives don't have a lot to do with the processing speeds. I don't get the ram thing I think he is talking about the speed not the amount in the second case.

The first computer is a dual core 2.3 mhz, my old Dell that I got 8 years ago had a faster processor then that (a dual core 3 ghz P4 if I remember correctly). And it's running off a 6 Gb Sata drive. There probably isn't enough space left to manage the swap file properly.

If you are going to build a new 8 core computer look at the specs on the Falcon Northwest computers here.

The Best Custom Built Computers for Gaming and Business | Falcon Northwest

I have one of their computers and it is really fast.

Mike

Back