Windows 10 one laptop heats up too much this time

Druker

Honorable Member
The next door neighbor (well almost) left his laptop on the stove, which when not noticing it, the wife turned on one of the burners to cook supper. Needless to say, the case was more than slightly warped but he turned it on and it seemed to work well.
Leaving it on while he went to the pantry to get a coffee, it must have overheated on its own. When he came back in through the door, there was a little fire in it, apparently where the HD was. He poured coffee on it and the fire went immediately out which was surprising. He's questioning now if it is safe to turn on and leave it on during the night for updates. I said I would post it on one of the forums where's there's not a lot of activity and see if I could get some advice. Thus my query today is, should he?

Umm joke? catching on fire and pouring liquid as almost certainly ruined the laptop or at very least greatly shortened the life of it assuming it will even turn on.

A reply!!! Long before your sun burned hot in space, I have awaited a reply, e.g. the FN/F9 question. But this posting immediately brings a reply. Interesting!
As to the laptop which was warped on the stove, he felt inclined to put the fire out before it consumed the whole machine. According to him, it did turn on but he's wondering if it's ok to leave it on indefinitely for updates.

I think that in this case it's time to look for a new laptop. If the budget is limited, then you can see the tablets, check. A laptop that has caught fire and has been flooded is unlikely to be repaired.

That last I heard, his laptop was a hot item and has now taken on the shape of a quarter moon. Money is not any issue over there, for he could buy 100 of them if he wished. He's bound he's going to keep this one till it wears out. I'd be horrified to leave it on overnight for fear of it bursting into a ball of flame and taking the whole house with it. He's saying he has a bucket of water nearby just perchance anything goes down but in my reckoning, there's issues there & I'm not talking about the laptop!

He's been advised to but he's just that spiteful, he refuses to! When the thing explodes into a ball of blue flame, he'll be thinking he should have!!!

Back
Top Bottom