Windows 7 one of my partitions will not open!!

facsimile

i have a problem and i was wondering if somebody could help me.

i have 3 partitions one is for ubuntu another for windows7 and the other is for my files, like pics, music software etc.

in ubuntu i can see that drive open up pics and tunes, but when i run windows that drive does not show, or even the ubuntu partition.

does anybody know how to make it work?
thanks for advance!!!

i have doene this..
Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. Can you see the second NTFS partition there? If you right-click on it, can you do anything with Right-Click > Change drive letter

i can see it but im not able to see it in my computer or even get into my files there...

can someone help me..
thanks!!!

If I read correctly you cannot access the Ubuntu partition within windows. This is due to Ubuntu using a diffrent filesystem which is unsupported within windows. Usually this is EXT3 or EXT4. Windows cannot support these filesystems.

However another possible fix would be to shrink the windows partition within windows, and create a "back and fourth" partition. Or Uninstall and reinstall Linux to do this. I put all my music on there and everything that I would need in both. Or leave everything on the windows partition and shortcut to it within Ubuntu.

Back
Top Bottom