Windows 10 Opera VPN vs open vpn

LT72884

So I am curious to what the difference is between the VPN option found in the opera browser vs something like openvpn. I mean is the one found in opera even a VPN or is it more of a proxy service?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Opera VPN is definitely a VPN service as it uses VPN protocols to connect to you to a different network. However the data passed through is not encrypted in transit and it is only encrypted at rest. OpenVPN is a dedicated VPN product that allows you to import VPN profiles and connect through it.

Well actually Opera uses an SSL proxy so it does encrypt traffic in transit that is the main purpose of a VPN. It does NOT encrypt anything at rest an no VPN does. That is where tools like VersaCrypt and Bitlocker come in. These encrypt data at rest or in other words not in use.

I think both of them are proxy which helps you to change your location instantly. You can even change your IP easily by using that VPN.

Lol, i forgot about this thread. I actually just use ssh over sox now when im at a public hotspot. Works great

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Lol, i forgot about this thread. I actually just use ssh over sox now when im at a public hotspot. Works great

Public hotspot is also great. Though I am not the real user of it. But one of my friend is using this. Going well so far.

Back
Top Bottom