Windows 7 Operating system wasn't found

Blackwidows

so i was installing windows 8 from my bootable usb,but when i was installing, i restarted my pc.. Now it shows "An operating system wasn't found try disconnecting any drivers that don't contain an operating system. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart"...i can still bring up the boot drivers by pressing f11, but when i select my usb, it shows that error too...

Hi,
have you tried disconnecting the USB stick and then reconnecting? Also have you used this method before from the same port?

@kemical yes, i have tried disconnecting and reconnect the usb.. It still shows the same error... and what do you mean by used this method before from the same port?

Meaning have you used the same USB port before to install the os? If the machine is saying it cannot find the os I wonder if it has become corrupted. Is it possible for you to check the USB stick on a different machine? Or do you have a disk in which you could install with?
Also some Uefi bioses have an actual setting for Windows 8 have you made sure thats enabled?

@kemical hey, sorry for the late reply.. My files are corrupted... and it wont let me open my disk folder now... I tried to format it, it says "Windows was unable to complete thr format".. When i go to disk management, it does show my usb there.. Help

Hi Blackwidows,
apologies as I was installing a different os so ultimately wasn't much help how did you fix it? I ask simply for other forum users and it would be nice to know too.. :)

Aah ok.... Well much thanks for sharing.. Your always learning I guess.. :)

Back
Top Bottom