Windows 7 Optimal PS3 Display Settings & Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1

Heaven or Hell

I have questions about two subjects, display settings on the PS3 Slim, and the first Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Please answer any questions that you can.

1. I've read that on the PS3, with an HDMI connection, if you have 1080p or 1080i selected as supported TV resolutions, while your TV is 720p native (can only show that much resolution) then the PS3 will AUTOMATICALLY DEFAULT to 480p..is this true? Either way, for some reason when I have all: 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p selected, the picture looks crappy from up close. You can see jaggies and I even notice that on the HDMI channel that my PS3 is connected to, I can calibrate things on my TV like color, sharpness and so forth, while on the HDMI channel for my 360 (my 360 also has "Optimal Resolution" selected) these things cannot be calibrated on the TV, but the fact of the matter is it still looks gorgeous and I guess it's the 360's way of saying "you can't get better than this, so why calibrate on the TV?" Last question about this is, if my TV is 720p native, I know I'm going to unselect 1080p as a supported resolution, but should I leave 1080i checked? I'm guessing no, since while 720p is better looking for TV's, it's technically a smaller resolution.

2. Regarding Sigma, I just find it weird that when I shake my controller to power up some ninpo techniques like Inferno...nothing happens. Apparently I can't wiggle Rachel's breasts either with the SIXAXIS function Team Ninja included for that. I know the Dualshock 3 has SIXAXIS technology...since the Dualshock 3 has printed on it "DUALSHOCK 3" and "SIXAXIS". Do I have to "turn on" the motion sensing on the controller or what?

Last edited:
you might try posting this in the PS3 forums as has nothing to do with PC games on windows 7, or maybe the "general computing section" which seems to be the nearest option here.

Last edited:
In addition to saying Windows 7 games, the forum description says for games in general, so I thought it is accepting topics like this (which falls under general video games).

Also I did ask this on Playstation Forums first, and even on other forums. No one has replied on the PS Forums and apparently now after an update there, posting there is impossible since it creates an error each time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom