Windows 7 Outlook Express for Winows 7

imk

So we just reviewed Windows 7 Pro and like the look and feel of it and the new applications are nice bonuses.
However Windows Live Mail is a No No for us! (You like it, then enjoy it. But we don’t want it!)
So we tried to download version 6 of OE but when we tried to install it we got a;
Not 64bit can’t install it error.
So did MS do a 64bit version of OE for XP Pro 64bit and can we use it? And where can we download it please?
Many thanks IMK

There is no version of OE that will work with Windows 7. However, if you have access to a machine running Vista, you can copy the Windows Mail application to your Win 7 and it will work. Search on the forum for Windows Mail for instructions.

Windows Mail is basically just an updated version of OE and WM is NOT WLM.

There is no version of OE that will work with Windows 7. However, if you have access to a machine running Vista, you can copy the Windows Mail application to your Win 7 and it will work. Search on the forum for Windows Mail for instructions.

Windows Mail is basically just an updated version of OE and WM is NOT WLM.

Windows Live Mail is simply unreadable and our business has abondoned its plans to upgrade to Window 7.
Pitty as I really like Win7 but we do not have the time to scratch about the web to look for a substitute.

You misunderstand my post.

WINDOWS MAIL and WINDOWS LIVE MAIL are 2 totally different applications.

You can find WINDOWS MAIL installed on any Windows Vista PC. It is the REPLACEMENT for Outlook Express, but not available on Windows 7. If you google or bing Windows Mail on Windows 7, you will find instructions.

Last edited:
I won't be bouncing back and forth between 2 same threads.

Can windows mail import OE DBX files and it is compatible we AVG?
Many thanks

Not sure about AVG. I use Avast and it seems to work with WM.

Look here for importing from OE DBX Files
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
You misunderstand my post.

WINDOWS MAIL and WINDOWS LIVE MAIL are 2 totally different applications.

You can find WINDOWS MAIL installed on any Windows Vista PC. It is the REPLACEMENT for Outlook Express, but not available on Windows 7. If you google or bing Windows Mail on Windows 7, you will find instructions.

Hello Zeeman28a and many thanks for the reply.

As the MD of a small business I have made the decisions NOT to upgrade to Windows 7 and carry on with XP while it is supported.

In the mean time we will be looking at Linux as a solution and I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought I would utter those words, as we have such a huge installed base of MS applications. But if MS is going the way of cosmetic abominations like Windows Mail Live then I feel the sooner we make an exit from dependence on MS the better.

I think what MS and many large companies seem to forget is that if they put someone on a project to investigate and install some new application it has little impact on there wages bill. But in a business of a dozen or so people taking someone off there production duties to find substitute solution has a large impact on the business productivity.

I do thank you for your input but I feel that creating a dependency on Windows Mail that is not native to Windows 7 is one of those thing that will come back at us when we least need it.

Again many thanks IMK

Back
Top Bottom