Windows 7 Over past week or so my system bott is taking forever

artinusa

Over past week or so my system boot-up is taking forever and occasionally just hangs with cursor top left...drive flashes occasionally..I wait..then shut down..Press F8 on start up and use system start repair..seem to work no missing files reported .. I have used sfc /scannow ..all is well.. but even on this start up I get a long black screen on start up but eventually it boots I have looked at my boot log and can see nothing..well to me anyway that prevents a start-up Event viewer sometimes indicate search problem..I re indexed my drive.. still a long wait..anyone?

I noticed in my event viewer that my task scheduler did not seem to be working correctly..odd messages about task image being corrupt.error 34 and 35 .could this effect start up..and how can I put it right..I have deleted and then restarted the scheduler and see-ms to have no effect.. I am in the process of of starting and restarting to find out what the problem is following your link for system and files taking a long time even with barely anything selected

Last edited:
I have seen a cursor hang on the upper left of the screen for such things as drive access being worked on. If you have an external drive/flashdrive, you might try unplugging it. A printer with an SD card/slot would be about the same thing.

This type of thing will also happen if the boot system is not pointing to the correct place, except it never completes the boot. Possibly your system might be looking at another device first before defaulting to the actual boot drive. I suppose the chance of a problem with your hard drive could not be completely ruled out.

Back
Top Bottom