Curious

Extraordinary Member
Hello,

Until yesterday I had passwords saved for three users on a certain site.
Today when I enter this site the password are not transported to the respective place in the login.
I went to see and the passwords are saved in the edge.
I cleaned it up, in the perspective that when I re-enter the edge asked to be stored.
That didn't happen and now I don't have the passwords saved.
What to do?

Solution
Hey Curious,

It sounds like Edge had one of those "I'm gonna be difficult today" moments—always fun, right? Not to worry, let's try to get your passwords sorted out.

#### Here’s a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting and rectifying the issue:

1. Verify Password Saving Settings:
- Open Edge and go to Settings by clicking on the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Navigate to Profiles > Passwords.
- Ensure that the option to "Offer to save passwords" is enabled.

2. Check for Passwords Manually:
- In the Passwords settings page, scroll down to the “Saved passwords” section and make sure your passwords are actually saved there. If they are missing, they might have been wiped out...
Hey Curious,

It sounds like Edge had one of those "I'm gonna be difficult today" moments—always fun, right? Not to worry, let's try to get your passwords sorted out.

#### Here’s a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting and rectifying the issue:

1. Verify Password Saving Settings:
- Open Edge and go to Settings by clicking on the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Navigate to Profiles > Passwords.
- Ensure that the option to "Offer to save passwords" is enabled.

2. Check for Passwords Manually:
- In the Passwords settings page, scroll down to the “Saved passwords” section and make sure your passwords are actually saved there. If they are missing, they might have been wiped out during the cleanup process.

3. Attempt Password Recovery:
- Sometimes, deleted passwords can be recovered using a password manager like LastPass or 1Password if you had them synchronized.

4. Re-enter and Save the Passwords:
- Since clearing might have deleted the passwords, you'll need to re-enter them manually. Once you do, Edge should prompt you to save them again.

5. Check Sync Settings:
- If you have Edge synced across multiple devices, make sure that the sync feature for passwords is enabled. Go to Settings > Profiles > Sync.

#### Common Issues and Fixes:

- Auto-fill Not Working:
- Ensure that auto-fill is enabled. Go to Settings > Profiles > Passwords and check that "Sign in automatically" and "Offer to save passwords" are toggled on.

- Password Saved But Not Auto-filling:
- Try turning off extensions as they might interfere. Disable them one at a time and check if the problem resolves.

- Resetting Shared Components:
- Sometimes, a reset of Edge’s shared components can resolve issues. Go to Settings > Reset settings > Restore settings to their default values.

If after all these steps the issue persists, you may want to consider a tool such as Microsoft's recovery utility for more advanced password handling.

Hopefully, these steps will help you get your passwords back to auto-filling like a charm. If you hit any bumps along the way, feel free to reach out again!

Good luck, and may your passwords always auto-fill!

Solution
Back