Patch Tuesday heads-up 8/9/11: Critical IE update among 13 bulletins

JMH

Microsoft is planning a bumper Patch Tuesday for August — 13 bulletins with patches for 22 potentially dangerous security vulnerabilities.

Two of the 13 bulletins are rated “critical,” Microsoft’s highest severity rating. Microsoft Windows users will want to pay special attention to the Internet Explorer bulletin because the issues can expose users to drive-by download attacks via the browser.

The update fixes flaws that introduce remote code execution risks on all versions of Internet Explorer, including the newest IE 9, according to Microsoft’s Link Removed due to 404 Error.

This month’s patch batch will also supply fixes for holes in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, .NET and Visual Studio.

All 13 bulletins will be released on Tuesday, August 9 at approximately 1:00 PM Eastern.
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Patch Tuesday heads-up: Critical IE update among 13 bulletins | ZDNet

Thanks for the heads up! With so many updates I would advise everyone to install a few at a time just to play safe.

Thanks for the heads up! With so many updates I would advise everyone to install a few at a time just to play safe.

Are you aware of all the "Chrome Browser freezeup problems" ? These were probably due to one of the updates from july's patch Tuesday,(July 9). The Chrome forum is full with people doing all sorts of weird trying to figure this out. As many as I've warned to leave it alone and wait, use a different browser, you know anxious people. They have to find out for themselves. I was just wondering if you've heard anything on this as far as a possible fix for the Chrome browser hanging or freezing and needing a hard reset to get started. Win 7 x64 machines.

Back