Windows 10 PC Boots Into Bios First Time

Hey, guys.
I am currently dealing with the annoyance of my PC booting into bios whenever I try to start it up. After I exit the bios, it then boots into windows but this is causing my PC to slow down tremendously because I have an SSD cache. The cache gets wiped every single time this happens and my PC boots into bios every time I try to boot (so my cache gets wiped every time I start my PC. sorry if that was confusing.)

Any idea on what I can do to fix it? I've rewired all my hard drives and reseated my ram multiple times to no avail.

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

Specs on your PC such as Make/Model or a desktop or a laptop would certainly be helpful to us to better assist you.

In the meantime, if you've got a "Boot-loop" into the BIOS, you need to test your hardware (RAM sticks, Hard Drive (SSD), and Mobo). Take a look at my free TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE available here to assist you with step-by-step testing: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar

Also, there are only 3 brands of SSD drives we've tested that perform well with W10. Those are Intel, Crucial, and Kingston. Anything else, you might be experiencing SSD compatibility issues. Did you remember to run the W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST on your PC prior to installing that SSD drive? If not, you should do that unless that SSD drive came with your PC from the factory with W10 pre-loaded.

The other thing that would assist you if you have the resources available is to use a HDD mechanical drive, either a known good one that you have used in that machine before (even with an earlier version of Windows on it), or a brand new one either that will fit a desktop PC or laptop (we are guessing which you have!!). If the BIOS recognizes the HDD drive and at least tries to boot, then most likely your SSD failed or experienced a compatibility issue which can also occur with frequent weekly Push updates from Microsoft on Tuesdays. If this is the case, you should reinstall your W10 from factory Recovery media (DVD or USB) or partition and reload all your programs and data onto the HDD. This would get you temporarily going again.:up: And if and when you then upgrade to SSD drive down the road on that same computer, make sure to only use one of the 3 recommended SSD drives I mention above.

If your computer can't recognize ANY HDD or SSD drive, then you could have a failed Motherboard, and should replace it, or consider paying a licensed Tech to professionally test it for you. If it is dead, and you are outside the manufacturer warranty period, it can cost from $400-$1,500 US to replace it.:waah:

Let us know how you get on,
Good luck,:encouragement:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

I'd start by resetting BIOS and if that does nothing check for an update, available, the firmware.

Resetting your BIOS is a high-risk maneuver if you've never done it before yourself and can leave your Mobo "Borked" if done improperly.:waah: I'd suggest that you pay a licensed Tech to this for you if this is the case. If you have done it before, I'd suggest you use BIOS-backup utilities such as found on the free UBCD.com boot CD available at: UBCD.com prior to attempt the BIOS reset or update from the PC or Mobo support website. If you inadvertently change a BIOS setting, you may also render your PC unbootable, especially if you have a special hard drive controller in your PC, either an embedded HDD Controller chip or a discrete HDD controller board such as a PCI HDD controller card that requires drivers in order to have the BIOS talk to the HDD controller and in turn to the controlled HDD before Windows can boot. :( This is the case with many Dell & HP desktop PCs that use embedded RAID controller chips/cards such as the Dell Optiplex 745 for example.

It's still a good idea to try this, you should know that it can require expert skills to recover from a changed BIOS setting on your PC...giving the appearance that your computer failed, when instead it was a setting or settings that got cleared on a reset from your BIOS that prevents your computer from recognizing the device or hard drive and thus preventing windows from booting up.:scratch:

Best of luck,:nerdie:
<<BBJ>>

Back