Windows 10 pc shuts off while gaming

Check cpu's cooling system/fan and/or the cooling of the display card. I'm not sure if overheating of the display card could shut down the system, but the overheating of the cpu would do it for sure as a protection measure for the cpu.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Is this a custom built system or prebuilt? How old is the system?

Based on the very limited information I would say it's likely overheating.

Install a program like HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID and run it while also running Prime95 Prime95 download version 29.8 build 6

Consult the documentation for your CPU to determine what "normal" temperatures are under load.

If it starts getting higher than recommended then there is your problem.

its a dell inspiron 15 7559 with a GeForce 960m temps are reading 50-60 c, i5-6300hq.
not sure how to use prine 95

Last edited:
here

Attachments

• pc.png
    pc.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 181
The max temperature on your model CPU is 100C. You may want to look in the System event log and look for power related events. They may give you an indication of why the system is powered down.

The max temperature on your model CPU is 100C. You may want to look in the System event log and look for power related events. They may give you an indication of why the system is powered down.
not sure how to use it but under critical is says kernel power

Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is disconnected from network.

The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x2491f7fffff, got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INT3400\2&daba3ff&0.

Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.
Device is AAD joined ( AADJ or DJ++ ): Not Tested
User has logged on with AAD credentials: No
Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled: Not Tested
Windows Hello for Business post-logon provisioning is enabled: Not Tested
Local computer meets Windows hello for business hardware requirements: Not Tested
User is not connected to the machine via Remote Desktop: Yes
User certificate for on premise auth policy is enabled: Not Tested
Machine is governed by none policy.
See What's new in Active Directory Federation Services for Windows Server 2016 for more details.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The description for Event ID 0 from source igfxCUIService2.0.0.0 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Back