Windows 10 Persisting BSOD - Faulty Drivers not found

It was the driver to cloud client rushfiles. But I restored windows to the state it was in when it came back from acer customer service anyway as regedit search wasn't working properly either. I used all the drivers from the acer site. Then I ran verifier again and this time it didn't ike the card reader's driver. I disabled the card reader and now it just crashes without telling me which driver is wrong. Could you have another look, please?
P.S.: Yey, file upload is working again!

Attachments

• W7F_17-06-2016.zip
    718.1 KB · Views: 250
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {9200f, fffff800ff1f4290, ffffe0019276e010, ffffe0019276e118}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IopProcessWorkItem+f0 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi Maude,
the verifier has flagged a Miniport driver violating a condition. No actual driver is named however and I wonder if this is simply a 'false positive'.

Please turn the verifier off and see how the system runs for a few days. If at any point a bsod occurs please post the dump.

I am really sorry to be such a nuisance but the crashes are still happening. The stop codes ar pretty colourful. Did some de- and reinstalling and for five minutes, I haven't had a crash. We'll see. I once turned on verifier while I was in safe mode and there were plenty of drivers to choose which are hidden in regular mode. Might one of them be the one to blame? Thank you so much for taking up all these problems!

Attachments

• W7F_20-06-2016.zip
    3 MB · Views: 347
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8012540e628, ffffd00047926368, ffffd00047925b80}

Probably caused by : iaLPSS2i_I2C.sys ( iaLPSS2i_I2C+e628 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Maude,
the driver verifier only revealed false positives and if you haven't already please turn it off.
You say here:
Did some de- and reinstalling and for five minutes, I haven't had a crash.
This is a little vague and can you post what you removed and then re-installed please, thanks.

The above dump file is blaming the Intel Serial IO driver and checking the dates you do have a later driver on the support page.
iaLPSS2i_I2C.sys Mon Sep 21 04:08:09 2015: Intel Serial IO I2C host controller driver
Product support

I once turned on verifier while I was in safe mode and there were plenty of drivers to choose which are hidden in regular mode. Might one of them be the one to blame?
It's possible I guess but nothing is appearing driver wise in the dump files. Only one driver was mentioned and to be honest that's almost certainly a false positive. The driver was the realtek HD audio driver and you could always install the version off the support page if you so wish.

Try running these scans again:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

So update as above and see how you go. If a bsod does occur please just post the dump file, don't start up the verifier until we've had chance to view the dump files.

Best of luck and post any new dump files.

On a more personal note I have to admit that if I owned the machine I would have already returned it. It's clearly not working as intended and I'm sure when you handed over your hard won money you never envisioned having to do hours of troubleshooting. It's obviously entirely up to you but I'd at least give them a call?

You're right, I'm a stubborn person. I got a really good deal when I bought the computer. When the system file scan didn't still reveal anything, I did a clean install of windows 10. I installed the drivers first and the system was stable. Then I let all the windows updates happen and the crashes began. As most drivers on the acer site are older than 1511, I guess some of them just are not made for the update.
I then rolled back to the clean install, had all the windows updates and tried out the drivers by installing them seperately and waiting if they crashed. I deinstalled the intel I/O drivers and the graphics drivers. For the I/O-drivers I am using the ones found automatically by the os. For the vga I installed the most recent driver from the intel site. I will observe what is happening. But this is definitely my last measure before sending the comuter in again.
Thank you so much for helping me! Your replies were ver helpful.
Cheers
Maude

Last edited:
Hi Maude,
I'm more than happy to look at any dump files you have..

Also it might be worth running memtest86 as well as a chkdsk just to check it's not hardware related?

Hey, after giving it some time I am proud to say: I think I figured it out. The clean install was an important factor but the system still crashed every now and then after the update to 1511. But mostly the drivers were identified in the dumpfiles whereas they haven't been before and bsod were much rarer. I was able to identify the graphics and related audio display drivers to be the roblem. I just deinstalled the drivers using the tool you suggested and am using the standard windows graphics adapter which installed itself automatically. Now even driver verifier doesn't make the system crash. Thank you so much for your patience and your kindness!
Cheers
Sabine

Hi Sabine!
Excellent news and great job on finding the direct cause. If any issues should return then please post any new dumps and hope all goes well.. :)

With the months gone by I have gathered some new experience. When Windows updated it once brought back the intel driver and bsods happened instantly. Had to do some nasty work (I think a microsoft tool was involved). So take good care if you want to prevent windows from installing drivers. You have to disable it in the advanced system settings and roll back in the device manager via "use previous driver". But as I can't adjust brightness with the basic display driver, I did some more research on the graphics 520 drivers. The problem seems to be intel's energy management whose default is "balanced". I switched it to "maximum" and then to "minimum" because my fan was acting up and now I haven't seen any new bsods since.

Back
Top Bottom