Windows 10 Photos going from color to B&W

rkfjr

Photos going from color to B&W I have been using photos for my screen saver on win 10 pro. all has been fine until about a week? ago. when the screen saver starts all in good color etc then after 10min ? they all start showing in black & white. they are all in color in photos. any help for this. when restarted they are bask to color for a time .

rkfjr … though i will not be able to assist … you might wish to elaborate a bit more about your work-space environment:
  1. how old is your computer / monitor …
  2. what was the factory original os …
  3. how long ago did you install win-10
  4. is your computer desktop or laptop …
  5. when did you first notice the issue …
  6. had there been recent win-10 update around that same time …
  7. had you installed any other hardware/software around that same time …
  8. does everything in your monitor become b&w or just screen-saver …
  9. did you try disabling the screen-saver or changing to different theme (3d text)
to me, rkfjr, sounds like there's some correlation between your chosen screen-saver being initiated after ten minutes … and, based on the energy-saver mode on laptop (preserves battery charge) … the energy-saver mode could change some settings accordingly. keep in mind, if the source is isolated to your energy-saver mode … this phenomena could have emanated from a win-10 install or update.

lastly, rkfjr, … remember to take screen-caps before you change any settings … you might consider creating system-restore point as well.

Not a problem friend! This forum is all about teamwork. There are no big egos here.
I gave you a like for your reply. Very good questions. Join me any time on a thread my friend.
Team work and different suggestions is what makes this help forum different from other help forums.;)

Hi rkfjr! If this started a week ago, my suggestion is always try the least evasive fix first.
That would be to restore to a earlier time. I'm not a fan of screen savors!;)
Here's a good read about screen savors from HTG!
I'm sure you have updated your graphics diver!
HTG Explains: Why Screen Savers Are No Longer Necessary

holdum: Good post here. However you forgot one thing... When you run a fish aquarium screensaver, this uses way less electricity than an actual aquarium...And you don't have to Clean out the fish tank! ha-ha!! :rofl:

(((BIGBEARJEDI)))

Back
Top Bottom