Windows 7 Pinned/Running programs disappear from Taskbar

Thundordan

Hello,

Please check the screenshot below. I've been running windows 7 x64 for some months without any major changes or virus/malware problems. But for a week now, my taskbar completely disappears at random times. (happened 4 times)
It is completely random and it seems that the the programs somehow "fall off" the visible taskbar area. They are still running, and if I try to pin a new program, it works but it disappears right away.

Beore you say it must be the toolbars or virtuaWin, keep in mind that I've been using them and on past win7 installations since windows7 came out; and there weren't any problems.

When this happens, there is no way I can "refresh" the taskbar or otherwise make it realise that it isn't in fact empty.. Aero Flip and alt+tab show that I have windows running, as well as the process manager..
The only way to make this go away is if I log off or restart, which sucks when I have 100 tabs open in Chrome and other open windows/programs..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Help please :)

I don't know why it does it, but I know how to get it back...........

All of my icons on the taskbar occasionally disappear also. All you need to do is right-click on the taskbar, go to "Toolbars" and add one of the toolbars listed and all of your icons will show up again. Don't know why and, of course, Microsoft won't tell you anything, but at least this brings them back.

All of my icons on the taskbar occasionally disappear also. All you need to do is right-click on the taskbar, go to "Toolbars" and add one of the toolbars listed and all of your icons will show up again. Don't know why and, of course, Microsoft won't tell you anything, but at least this brings them back.

omg Thanks! :D Hadn't tried that.

Good thing I don't have to restart my computer any more!

Back