Windows 7 "Play To" Xbox 360 Media Center Extender not working.

When I am playing a song with windows media player I try to "play to" xbox 360 media center extender (yes it is on and in wmc mode : ). and then it trys to stream it. but after less than a minute I get this message "device cannot be controlled" refering to my xbox! anybody got any suggestions? i have tried google. it was zero help. see pic please. is there any thing else i need to do in order for this work properly?​

Last edited:
Solution
Please?

Ok i did finally get the push streaming to work! So tell me where you are having problems and I will be glad to help. Remember this though, the xbox has to be connected to your PC in Windows Media Center mode to work properly. Type in media streaming in your search and make sure you have the feature enabled. Hope that helps, if not just let me know you are having problems and I will help you.
Everything is enabled in that screen, except for Network Discovery on Public networks (which shouldn't be coming into play here anyway, being a home network). Still no "play to" option.

Everything is enabled in that screen, except for Network Discovery on Public networks (which shouldn't be coming into play here anyway, being a home network). Still no "play to" option.
open up WMP12 in libary mode and post a snip it/pic here of your WMP 12 open please. make sure it is in the big white mode, not the little black sqaure. also take the pic of the whole player! please and thanks

Screenshot attached.
do u see the grayed out tab in the upper right hand corner....that is the play to drop down box. so you do have the play to option. it is the first thing under the word sync! but it is grayed out hmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Back