Windows 7 Please help , i want to konw how can i delete win vista from boot list ?

mo7dsa3ed

Hi everyone

I have HP laptop with windows vista and i installed windows 7 on another partition (win 7 on d: 7 win vista on c:)
i want to delete windows vista from boot list and delete windows vista finally without deleting windows 7 .
i tried to delete windows vista by formatting c: but when i opened my laptop , it says no os found , so i want to is there anyway to delete windows vista without deleting windows 7 .

Thanks everyone in advance .
I really apreciate it, sorry 4 my bad english.

Go to Start < Run, and type msconfig and choose the Boot tab and delete the Vista entry

You may have to go to the command prompt to delete all the Vista files if it is still listed as a system partition

You can go to User Accounts in Control Panel and delete the account for Vista,..,.possibly.,

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I have HP laptop with windows vista and i installed windows 7 on another partition (win 7 on d: 7 win vista on c:)
i want to delete windows vista from boot list and delete windows vista finally without deleting windows 7 .
i tried to delete windows vista by formatting c: but when i opened my laptop , it says no os found , so i want to is there anyway to delete windows vista without deleting windows 7 .

Thanks everyone in advance .
I really apreciate it, sorry 4 my bad english.
If you are still having problems, VistaBootPro can be downloaded (Google-it) and it can easily remove Vista from the boot list.

but what if i formatted the vista partition , will windows 7 boot file be deleted and it wont startup ?
i tried previously to formatt the vista partition (1st installed windows ) and win 7 didnt start saying no os found .

After doing what u said , how can i delete vista files without deleting win 7 boot file so after deleting vista , win 7 starts with me.

Thanks 4 help guys.

Could you provide us with a screen shot of Disk management,.

Go to Start > Run, and type diskmgmt, expand the window so all drives are visible, then hit the ALt + Print Screen button.

Open Mspaint and paste in in ans save it as a jpg or png.

Could you provide us with a screen shot of Disk management,.

Go to Start > Run, and type diskmgmt, expand the window so all drives are visible, then hit the ALt + Print Screen button.

Open Mspaint and paste in in ans save it as a jpg or png.

Hi
that is screenshot u asked
2s6vift.jpg

Thanks alot in advance

I take no responsibilty for the suggestion below.

Did you try all ythe suggestions above?

I would boot to the Windows 7 partition, open a command prompt, change directory to the G: drive, the type format C:

Since it's a system partition, it may ask you to force deleteion. Choose yes. This does not always work.

I take no responsibilty for the suggestion below.

Did you try all ythe suggestions above?

I would boot to the Windows 7 partition, open a command prompt, change directory to the G: drive, the type format C:

Since it's a system partition, it may ask you to force deleteion. Choose yes. This does not always work.

Hi

it doesnt work

thanxx man

In Disk Management, rt click 7 partition and select Mark as Active.

Boot the 7 dvd and run startup repair 3 times.

In Disk Management, rt click 7 partition and select Mark as Active.

Boot the 7 dvd and run startup repair 3 times.

Hi
i did what u told me , first i made 7 partn. active and when i restareted the laptop , it said bootmgr missing . then i made startup repair , then it came back to normal letting me choose between windows 7 professional ( professional wasnot written before) and windows vista.
and here is screenshot from disk management
o5pz4w.jpg

now what should i do to delete vista from boot list and all of its files from the partn.

Thanxx alot man

SIW2,

Great suggestion, but I have to ask, did you have to perform this yourself?

There are programs out there, such as Wipe Drive which will wipe the drive using several passes

I might suggest you buy another drive and if it hasn't been that long, reformat and simply do the Windows 7 insatll

http://www.google.com/search?q=wipe...t:*&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

I can't take responsiblity for this either, but you can boot up with a Live Linux CD and wipe out the files in the Vista partition.

This now may allow you to format or delete it.

There are some free Paragon products that may help also.

Last edited:
Hi mo7,

Boot into 7.

Type mcsonfig in start search - click it when it pops up.

Under the Boot Tab, highlight Vista entry and Delete.

In disk Management, rt click Vista partition and Delete.

Have Fun.

Reghakr - No, I never needed to do that.

Hi mo7,

Boot into 7.

Type mcsonfig in start search - click it when it pops up.

Under the Boot Tab, highlight Vista entry and Delete.

In disk Management, rt click Vista partition and Delete.

Have Fun.

Reghakr - No, I never needed to do that.

Thanks alot , now i can boot from windows 7 and vista files are deleted.
I appreciate that alot.

Back