Windows 7 Please help me recommend a Winodows 7 64bit Network card.

Znote

Please help me recommend a Windows 7 64bit Network card.

My computer use an old Network Card by cisco with 802.11b compatibility. But I cant make it work on Windows 7. I have contacted them and they say it is not supported any longer.

So I need to buy a new one, I have seen a few reviews but they all seem to have rather negative results on Windows 7 compared to XP.

So I ask you experienced members, what card should I buy for my computer? Our router is 802.11g standarded, not n. Can I use draft n cards and connect to g?

I want to buy something for the price of 35 euro (51 USD) or less.

I apologize for my spelling and grammar mistakes.

Greets/
Stefan Brannfjell (Znote)

Last edited:
My computer use an old Network Card by cisco with 802.11b compatibility. But I cant make it work on Windows 7. I have contacted them and they say it is not supported any longer.

So I need to buy a new one, I have seen a few reviews but they all seem to have rather negative results on Windows 7 compared to XP.

So I ask you experienced members, what card should I buy for my computer? Our router is 802.11g standarded, not n. Can I use draft n cards and connect to g?

I want to buy something for the price of 35 euro (51 USD) or less.
Hey Znote...welcome to the forum. Could you give your computer specs...it would help to see what we have to work with.

Three Hundred Gamer Case
MA770-UD3
Phenom II X2 550
2x DDR2 2GB 800Mhz Retail
Caviar Blue 500GB SATA
SH-S223B/BEBE (Bulk) Intern
HD5850 1GB
Power Supply 650W TX

I bough the parts separate, and bough windows 7 64bit.

My windows 7 experience index is at 5.9, where the harddriver is the drawback.

The processor is dual core 3.2Ghz
The graphic card is the most expensive part, with 1GB graphic memmory.
its 4GB RAM.As listed above, its DDR2 and 800Mhz

Last edited:
Back