Windows Vista Pop ups don't stay.

U

Unregistered

When you put your mouse over some icons etc a window pops up with information. Mine does but the window disappears almost as fast as it comes up.
Anyone know the reg key or the dll that is responsible for this action?

Thanks for any and all help.

Don

Hi.. It's the file location the icon pop up displays. Sure don't know the key. Have you tried a system restore point. Sounds like a file has been corrupted.

Is there a sure way that I could reinstall the SP1 for Vista. Have found different methods and tried to reinstall the update but windows said it is already installed and won't let me.
Turned off updates, cleaned out information on previous updates but still no go.

Not quite sure if this is exactly the snwer, but fwiw, Open the Control Panel (Classic View) - Ease of Access.- Make it easier to focus on tasks.
If you scroll to the bottom it will allow you to adjust the time for the showing of dialogue boxes.

I'm afraid a pop up display extension is a big programming problem. I found a little gizmo that actually lets you customize the pop-up menu and extend apps functionality. Perfect Menu - customize pop-up menu, extend apps' functionality I don't know why you wish to remove your Vista SP1. The official way is on this link-- How to uninstall Windows Vista SP1 as a troubleshooting step (Windows says you haven't uninstalled correctly...) Might be a good idea to have a Vista Installation Disc handy. You won't need "perfect menu" that way..

Is there a sure way that I could reinstall the SP1 for Vista. Have found different methods and tried to reinstall the update but windows said it is already installed and won't let me.
Turned off updates, cleaned out information on previous updates but still no go.

Check your 'installed updates', you should find it there. Although depending on what you've done it may not be removeable.
The best way to install SP1 is with the 'standalone version' and straight after a clean install. Don't even put any drivers on just install the os and then the service pack.

Back
Top Bottom