Windows 7 Printer driver Kyocers FS820

talisman

Having moved to a Windows 7 laptop from my good old XP desktop I continued to use my Kyocera FS820 laser printer via USB for all my printing needs with no problems at all. During this five months I several times reloaded Win7 from either the recovery module on hard disk or from the System Repair disk I generated, in order to realign the screen data to my liking.However following the last reload I suddenly found that the printer does not work !!! I believe that there is no printer driver because the system does not detect and there is no sound response when I plug in the USB connector wheras with other USB peripherals there is a sound when connecting. Now I find that there is not a Win7 printer driver available for a Kyocera FS820. SO------ Why did it work for 5 months and what can I do to make it work now. There must be something in the software that works, the problem is to find it !!! Or is there such a thing as a universal driver with only basic functions as I only do basic printing, nothing fancy. Any suggestions are welcome and will be tried and reported on promptly.

Problem solved !!! I accidently disabled a USB port and it happened to be the printer port. Live and learn !!!

Back