Windows 7 Printer networking driving me insane

Spawne32

I have 3 computers in the house, a vista 64 bit machine, my own, vista 32bit machine, my bro, and my parents are now running windows 7 64 bit. My brother has a network HP psc 1400 printer attached to his machine that we usually all print on. Standard method for installing network printer access to his machine is just use the install network printer option. It works fine on my machine despite the 32bit 64bit difference between myself and his machine. However on my parents new windows 7 machine, it sees the printer, but when i try to install it it says it cannot locate the drivers for the printer on the server. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to correct this and ive tried several options already. The drivers are fully updated on his computer, and ive tried installing x64 vista drivers on the windows 7 machine but it does not detect any drivers locally when pointed to the correct folders.

When you run the add printer programme does it see the printer? If so click next and instead of using your drivers, select choose a printer. If yours is not listed there is an option to download more from windows update. This method worked for me with a Samsung CLX 2160n that samsung have not released drivers for yet.

There is no choice to update from windows update at this point. The printer has already been ID'ed. I am having these same issues.

Back