Windows 7 printer spooler problems

mayurh

hi everyone

wonder if someone can help me

i have windows 7 x64
i have a printer hp designjet 1050c connected via a lpt to usb convertor as my laptop does not have an lpt port

everyday when i print to it windows gives an error and then the document stays in the queue
when i restart my laptop
then the print job prints
why is this happening? never used to happen on xp.only now on windows 7?

please help
i check the print spooler service and its stil running

More than likely because the printer (and it's drivers) are not compatible with Windows 7.

You could try taking the drivers for Windows XP and installing them with compatibility settings in Windows 7, however I do doubt it will work.

so do you guys believe this is a driver problem and not a windows 7 printer problem?
why does it print after i restart the pc?

Hello !!

I believe the Printer service spoolsv.exe is restarting that makes them print it. Try to just restart the service and see if that works.

Start | Services.msc | Printer Spooler right click on it and click on restart and see if that do the trick.

Typically the Printer Spooler service is related to the Driver as well. So if you have issues with Driver that would affect the service. as recommended above try the latest driver and see if that fixes it.

Hope this helps,
Captain

You can use certain software to fix the issues related with printer spooler. One of the best software which will help you to fix the issue is printer spooler fix wizard. The printer spooler fix wizard will help to fix printer spooler error messages and spoolsv.exe service. This software will help to fix the errors including “spooler sub system app stopped working and was closed” and spoolsv.exe service infection and corruption in Windows 7 computer.

You can use certain software to fix the issues related with printer spooler. One of the best software which will help you to fix the issue is printer spooler fix wizard. The printer spooler fix wizard will help to fix printer spooler error messages and spoolsv.exe service. This software will help to fix the errors including “spooler sub system app stopped working and was closed” and spoolsv.exe service infection and corruption in Windows 7 computer.

Back