Problem connecting Facebook, Twitter etc. with People App

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by Bart Willemsen, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Bart Willemsen

Bart Willemsen New Member

Hey,

A few days ago I installed the Windows 8 Pro version which I could get for free via my school. Absolutely love the OS so far but I am having a very strange issue with syncing Facebook and Twitter with the People and Message apps.

Whenever I try to connect a message pops up with \"Your password has changed. Sign in with your new password\" (Translated from Dutch, so might be bit different in English). I have never changed the password of my Microsoft account as far as I know (or Facebook or Twitter for that matter). When I go to the account section it says that Facebook is connected and it should take a few minutes before content shows up. Well, those minutes now turned into days. :p Same story with Twitter by the way.

So far I have tried:
    - Doing a reboot
    - I logged into my MS account via the browser and fully unlinked Facebook. I then tried linking it again via the web interface. This didn\'t work.

Does anyone know what might be the cause of this problem?

2. adriangh83

adriangh83 New Member

3. Felipe Medeiros Barbosa

Hi.
    This and some other issues happened with my laptop when I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8 with the Windows 8 Update assistant. What solved my problem was downloading an ISO version of windows, burning it on a DVD and installing from the start and not updating. I backd up all my personal files and reinstaled Windows 8 replacing the previous one and not updating the OS.

Hope it helps you... =)

4. adriangh83

adriangh83 New Member

Hello. Thanks for the reply.
    I did a clean install of Windows 8 from an USB stick. I think that this is a bug that needs to be fixed asap by MS.