Windows 7 Problem to access Windows95 shaared folder

aktarus

Hello everyone...

I really have a problem to access my files in a Windows 95 share folder with my Windows 7 Ultimate...
- I can access all network share with my Windows 95
- I can access all network share with my Windows 7 (except win95)
- I can access Windows 95 share with all my XP or Vista computer on network
- If I ping the Windows95 from Win7, it works
- but if I want to connect with command \\Computer_Name\ShareFolder , it ask me a user/password !!!!! and even if I put one, it doesn't work at all ... windows 7 always want a password... If I enter the domain Admin user and password, it doesn't work too ... so what's wrong with my Windows 95 connection ???? :confused: :confused:

Thanks a lot for your help.... and sorry for my poor english !!!!!

I know that Win95 is old system, but in our companie, i have one computer plugged to cnc machine that must still use win95... So i can access network with win95 but can't connnect to win95 with windows 7 !!!! Any other suggestions ??

Hello everyone...

I really have a problem to access my files in a Windows 95 share folder with my Windows 7 Ultimate...
- I can access all network share with my Windows 95
- I can access all network share with my Windows 7 (except win95)
- I can access Windows 95 share with all my XP or Vista computer on network
- If I ping the Windows95 from Win7, it works
- but if I want to connect with command \\Computer_Name\ShareFolder , it ask me a user/password !!!!! and even if I put one, it doesn't work at all ... windows 7 always want a password... If I enter the domain Admin user and password, it doesn't work too ... so what's wrong with my Windows 95 connection ???? :confused: :confused:

Thanks a lot for your help.... and sorry for my poor english !!!!!

Sorry you're having problems, If possible please download and read this document. It will help with most if not all Windows 7, sharing issues. Link Removed due to 404 Error Pay particular attention to pages 28 through 30 in the Trouble Shooting area. Since Win95 doesn't support NTLMv2, that may be contributing to your problem, also the version of encryption that Win 7 likes to use by default can be a problem. Finally when prompted for a username and password when attempting to connect to network resources from a Win7 machine you will often need to use the machinename\username and then the password for that user on the machine you are trying to access, see attachment. Hope this helps and good luck.
PS...your english is fine

Last edited:
Hy,

Great THANKS for your hint ... nos it work by changing the Local Group Policy like said in the page 29 of the documents !!!

Thanks a lot !!!

Back