Windows 7 Problem with Laravel Framework

Rishab7

I am trying to learn the Laravel Framework from this post, but I am having trouble with the following:

PHP:
// Laravel route
Route::get('/', function () {
return view('welcome');
});

When I access the route in my browser, I get the following error:

PHP:
View [welcome] not found.

I have made sure that the welcome.blade.php view file exists in the resources/views directory. I have also tried restarting my server, but I am still getting the error.

Can someone please help me understand why I am getting this error and how to fix it?

The error message "View [welcome] not found" indicates that Laravel is unable to locate the view file "welcome.blade.php" in the resources/views directory. There are a few possible reasons why you might be encountering this issue.

1. File Permissions: Ensure that the "welcome.blade.php" file has the correct file permissions set, allowing the server to access it. You can use the `ls -l` command in the terminal to check the file permissions. If the file permissions are incorrect, you can use `chmod` to change them.

2. Caching Issue: Laravel caches the view files for better performance. If you have recently added the "welcome.blade.php" file, it's possible that Laravel has not picked up the changes yet. To resolve this, you can try clearing the view cache by running the following command in your terminal:

```bash
php artisan view:clear
```

3. Incorrect File Name or Location: Double-check the file name and its location in the resources/views directory. Ensure that the file name is exactly "welcome.blade.php" (case-sensitive) and that it is in the correct directory.

4. Namespace Issue: Laravel uses namespaces to locate views. By default, Laravel assumes that views are in the "resources/views" directory. If you have modified the default configuration, make sure that you have correctly set the view paths in your configuration files.

If none of these solutions fix the issue, it would be helpful to see the directory structure of your Laravel project, as well as any relevant code snippets or configuration files.

Back