Windows 8 Problem with Mail app and IE10+skydrive

I have a problem with my mail app. When I first reinstalled Win8 I was able to use the mail app to sign into my gmail account and view and send emails without a problem. After installing the updates and fooling around with it for a day it turned out the mail app no longer works for me. When I open it I just see a white screen with the words "App Preview" outlined in yellow in the top center and "Accounts" on the top left. Right clicking doesn't bring up any contextual menu. Is this a common problem or just me? Any ideas for a fix?

Note I am running Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64.

Sorry about the weird title, I did had a problem with editing docs in skydrive but I tested it again right after submitting the post and the problem doesn't appear to be occurring. My guess was that I didn't have the best internet signal at the time

Not sure what might be going on.
With the mail app open, bring up the "Charms" menu, either by hovering your mouse in the top right corner or by using the WinKey + C, and click "Settings"
Click the accounts link from there and see if both your hotmail and gmail account are listed? If so perhaps try deleting the gmail account (right click it and select delete), close the mail app. Open it again and re-add your gmail account.
Please keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

Hmm both accounts were listed but I guess they weren't syncing. I removed both and re-added my google account and everything seems to be working fine. I'm going to fool around to see if I can recreate this issue and see if it is something I did or maybe just a fluke. Thanks for the advice on checking the accounts though.

Good to hear that you managed to resolve the issue.
And please let us know if you can manage to reproduce the issue. We're all in the earlier learning stages here and this kind of process would likely prove helpful to others.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom