Windows 10 Problem with Matshita Drive BD-MLT UJ-890AS giving Code 19 error on Windows 10

Problem with Matshita Drive BD-MLT UJ-809AS giving Code 19 error on Windows 10
Been search the web for answers but can only find for different drivers or different OS.
Toshiba Satellite upgraded to Windows 10

Could you tell us more about your laptop? Which one is it?
And that drive, I can't find it. What is it?

In general can be said that if you don't find the driver at the official website of Toshiba you better stay at the Windows version you have, don't upgrade to an unsupported version.

Have you tried to remove that drive in de Device manager completely, followed by a reboot?

And welcome to this forum!!

welcome to windowsforum, patrick-the-painter … hope you are enjoying your toshiba satellite.

patrick … as bochane suggested … we normally need more info … such as:
which model of toshiba-satellite is it?
which os came with the laptop originally?
is the matshita-drive oem or aftermarket install (i say it's aftermarket)?​
and for the record, patrick … you kinda' botched the content of your post … the 809 within your content should have been the same as the 890 within your title. for this reason, i would ask you to make screen-cap of the exact error-message … as well as device-manager. something which can offer credence in these scenarios.

now, on to bigger 'n better elements, patrick
how long have you been getting this error?
any particular windows update may be responsible?
was it the win-10 upgrade that might have been responsible?
had it been performing adequately in the past and, suddenly, stopped working?
did you change any settings in the dvd play/burn interface?
what have you tried to alleviate the error? i.e. :
have you retained all default settings in the interface?
have you customized to suit your environment?
have you reinstalled any drivers?​
have you processed any system-restores to alleviate the error message?​

patrick … i have taken the liberty with researching a bit on google … coming up with some encouraging results:
yes … some you may have already come across in your search. try searching google yourself, patrick … the exact filter i used for google was "UJ-890AS giving Code 19 error" … consider using this filter yourself.

oh, and patrick … read the content (in it's entirety) for each of the url's i listed in this reply … before you attempt resolving the issue. seems there is some valuable and pertinent information unto your environment specific. i feel confident the answer may lie within those above url's. as you inferred … none seems identical to your environment … but comes pretty close.

as with any procedure … create yourself system-restore point … in case one of the procedures seizes your computer.

enjoy remainder of your weekend, patrick.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick response.
Sorry about the number goof, I am a dyslexic.
This laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L455 - S 5975 that I bought for $50 from a friend who was down on his luck.
This is the first time i've tried to use the disc player. I wanted to load some of our music onto it for an upcoming vacation.
when I tried the driver updater, it said this was the current driver. I tried uninstalling it then reinstalling from a Microsoft site and still got the same error code. I did do a google search just not worded the same as your search. This is how I found your forum.
Thanks for the restore point reminder, I'm not really much of a nerd when it comes to computers. I know just enough to get into real trouble.
It will take me a while to got through the info above but I'll check back if I make any progress or have any questions.
Thanks once again!

Try this first, it is easy:
- Navigate to the Device Manager: select in the bottom right corner All Settings, then type in the search box "Device manager"
- In the Device Manager you will find your disk player, something like "CD drive", click on it and you see your UJ-890AS drive.
- now we are where we want to be, right click on it, select de-install, your CD UJ-890AS drive will be removed from your system
- Reboot, after the reboot Windows finds a new device, your CD drive, and will re-install it.

Hope this helps

Back