Windows 7 Problem with Sigmatel Audio Driver for Inspiron 1525

seahawk789

Hi

I have an Inspiron 1525 running on Windows 7 Ultimate. I have been facing an issue with my Sigmatel Audio Driver for windows 7. I tried re-installing the drivers many times but problem still exists.

The issue is that sometimes when a sound event occurs, may its the 'exclamation' sound or the the low battery alarm or when I change music tracks in Windows media player, a kind of crackling noise is heard before the sound event is played. It is like the sound of the previous track was in the buffer and the last portion(Few milli seconds) in the buffer plays back. Anybody heard of such issues in windows 7?

Is there any settings related to audio buffer in windows 7? I am sure it has something to do with the driver or settings bcoz I also have windows XP in my machine and it does not have any such issues..

Can anyone please help me out!!! Its so irritating especially when I change music tracks.

Sigmatel Driver Details:

Driver Name: Sigmatel STAC 92XX C-Major HD
Driver Version: 6.10.0.5866
Hardware ID of my Device : HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280242&REV_1004
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280242

Have you tried running the driver in compatibility mode?

How do you turn on compatibility mode for drivers? For applications we can right click and change in compatibility tab.. But can I do it for drivers?

Cpu throttling can sometimes cause this issue. It's worth to temporarily disable this in the bios as a test to see if it is the cause. Different machines have different names for it. On Asus, it's called Cool N Quiet. Intel machines, it's called Speedstep.

Also, it's possible that a motherboard utility starting with Windows can throttle.

How do you turn on compatibility mode for drivers? For applications we can right click and change in compatibility tab.. But can I do it for drivers?

Pretty much the same way...

I downloaded your driver and then applied the compatibility as you can see in the screenshot. I've heard of this working for certain drivers so you may get lucky?
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back