Windows 7 Problems installing Visual Studio 2015

natex300

I have been trying to install it for a while now, and I am simply not able to do it. I have cleaned anything that was left from other versions to see if that was the error but nothing worked. I had VS 2012 before but it's gone now.

I've reinstalled every c++ redis. package I could find, I've tried the repair option, enabled the symlinks, deactivated the firewall, I even checked the SHA-1 code to confirm file integrity, and it passed. I even downloaded the ISO twice, with no success on installing it though it.

Currently if I try to run the installer it stops on the Team Explorer package. If I try the repair option, it stops on Core Features. I have defragmented my drive as well. I'm out of ideas, does anyone know any possible solutions?
I might sound desperate, sorry about that.

I have uploaded my log with this thread.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• dd_vs_community_20160124175517.txt
    869.6 KB · Views: 1,215
I do meet the minimum, here are my specs:
  • Windows 7 SP 1 64 bit
  • AMD Phenom II X4 3.4GHz quad core cpu
  • GTX 650TI gpu with 2Gb of VRAM
  • 12Gb of 1600Mhz RAM
  • 7200RPM hard-drive
So I doubt it is the source of the problem, but thanks for the suggestion.

The installer could be corrupt, did you check hash for the ISO itself? This is error I see Return Code:0x80070643 Msi Messages:Error 1324.The folder path 'Program Files' contains an invalid character.

You may want to simply use the web installer located here: Thank you for downloading Visual Studio

Back
Top Bottom