yurako

Hey guys,

I have downloaded msn messenger form here:

Essentials - Windows Live

The problem is when I minimize it, it says on my main toolbar at the bottom, instead of minimizig to the triangle at the right corner ( as was in WinXP) What should I do? This really annoying!

Thanks

It looks like you are facing an issue with the way MSN Messenger is minimizing on your toolbar. This issue might be related to the taskbar settings on your Windows system, especially if you are using a version later than Windows XP.
Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:
1. Unlock the Taskbar:
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- If "Lock the taskbar" has a checkmark next to it, click it to unlock the taskbar.
2. Taskbar Settings:
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Go to "Taskbar settings" or "Properties."
- Look for an option related to taskbar buttons and make sure it's set to "Always combine, hide labels" or "Combine when taskbar is full."
3. Reposition the Taskbar:
- Sometimes, if the taskbar is on the side or at the top of the screen, it can behave differently. Try moving it to the bottom if it's positioned elsewhere.

4. Restart MSN Messenger:
- Close MSN Messenger completely and reopen it to see if the issue resolves itself.
5. Check for Updates:
- Ensure that your Windows Live Messenger is up to date by checking for any available updates.
By following these steps, you should be able to adjust how MSN Messenger minimizes on your taskbar. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details, and I can assist you further.

Back