Windows 7 Problems with storage controller and ATI Catalyst

DaltonRock

I'm trying to do a 64 bit upgrade, I'm currently running Vista home premium 64bit on a dell studioXPS 16 laptop. I'm having trouble with my install, I get so far in the compatibility and I get this message.

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

• [*] Windows needs to be restarted so necessary changes to system files can be made before continuing.

c:%5CUsers%5CDion%5CAppData%5CRoaming%5CMicrosoft%5Cwindows%5Cupgrade%5Cimages%5Cwarning.gif
Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:

• These devices might not work properly after the upgrade. Before upgrading, we recommend updating the drivers for these devices. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers", or go to the device manufacturer's website to search for updated drivers.

• [*] Storage controllers: AUXT8ZDU IDE Controller

• These programs might not work properly after the upgrade. We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel, and search for "uninstall a program". (Note: Programs marked as * can be safely reinstalled after the upgrade.)

• [*] iTunes (Please deauthorize computer prior to upgrade)

[*] ATI CATALYST Install Manager *
Problem is, I can't uninstall the ATI and I tried to update the drivers for the storage controller but it wouldn't work. Can somebody help me as I'm now stuck with a partial install and my anti virus has been uninstalled due to the upgrade. I want to move along with this.

Hii,

as for ATI, did you try :

1) Control Panel > Uninstall Programs > ATI manasger (to uninstall ATI components) should be on the list there
2) Download and run ATI Catalyst, it will show you what ATI componeents you already have installed, which you can check to uninstall ?

As for the drivers for the storage controller, do you use the right 7 compatible drivers for your controller ? What error do you get when trying to install them ?

Hii,

as for ATI, did you try :

1) Control Panel > Uninstall Programs > ATI manasger (to uninstall ATI components) should be on the list there
2) Download and run ATI Catalyst, it will show you what ATI componeents you already have installed, which you can check to uninstall ?

As for the drivers for the storage controller, do you use the right 7 compatible drivers for your controller ? What error do you get when trying to install them ?

When I go to the control panel to uninstall ATI manager it only gives me the option to repair or change not uninstall?

For the storage controller it says windows cannot find a driver for this, if you know the manufacturer you can go to their website. I don't know the manufacturer.

Back