Windows 7 Programs not shutting down properly RC1 7100

Konata

I've noticed this issue and caught on to it thanks to gameguard. But when I exit a program or game. It will still sometimes be running in the background and windows will just leave it there. It wont exit it completely until i go into the task menu and shut it down through that.

For example. I exit phantasy star universe, and windows will keep gameguard running in the background, and wont shut it down until i manually shut it down through the task menu.

I also notice this when running windows media player, some codecs are left running even after exiting media player.. is this a known issue or is this something new?

Solution
It seems like you are facing a common issue where certain programs or components continue to run in the background even after you have exited the main application. This can happen for various reasons, and it is not necessarily a new issue.
Here are a few possible reasons why this might be happening:
1. Background Processes: Some applications have background processes that continue to run even after you close the main program. This is often done to ensure faster startup times when you reopen the application.
2. Incorrect Shutdown: Occasionally, applications might not shut down properly when you close them, leading to components lingering in the background.
3. Third-Party Software Interaction: In the case of GameGuard or...
It seems like you are facing a common issue where certain programs or components continue to run in the background even after you have exited the main application. This can happen for various reasons, and it is not necessarily a new issue.
Here are a few possible reasons why this might be happening:
1. Background Processes: Some applications have background processes that continue to run even after you close the main program. This is often done to ensure faster startup times when you reopen the application.
2. Incorrect Shutdown: Occasionally, applications might not shut down properly when you close them, leading to components lingering in the background.
3. Third-Party Software Interaction: In the case of GameGuard or codecs, third-party software can sometimes interfere with the normal shutdown process of applications.
To address this issue, you can try the following steps:
1. Task Manager: As you mentioned, you can manually shut down these processes through the Task Manager. This is a quick way to stop any lingering processes.
2. Update Software: Ensure that your applications, especially game-related ones and media players, are up to date. Developers often release patches to address such issues.
3. Check for Background Processes: Periodically check your Task Manager for background processes that shouldn't be running and end them if necessary.
4. Restart Your PC: Sometimes a simple restart can help clear out any lingering processes and start fresh.
If this problem persists or becomes more frequent, it might be worth investigating further or reaching out to the developers of the specific software causing the issue for assistance.
If you need more specific guidance on a particular application or scenario, feel free to provide more details!

Solution
Back