Windows 7 PROTIP: Do not install disc image mounting tools

haxxormaster

It eff's up Win7; sometimes it enters this state in which you are not able to open any apps, yet those already running work fine, you can't access your other drives, and you cannot log off, restart or shut down your computer without having to push and hold the power button.

I noticed it's happened to others in the x64 version who've installed Daemon tools, Magic Disc, and - in my case - Virtual Clone Drive.

In fact I'm about to reinstall Win7 to fix this problem, as system restore might not work and I don't want to waste my time trying it.

Last edited:
It eff's up Win7; sometimes it enters this state in which you are not able to open any apps, yet those already running work fine, you can't access your other drives, and you cannot log off, restart or shut down your computer without having to push and hold the power button.

I noticed it's happened to others in the x64 version who've installed Daemon tools, Magic Disc, and - in my case - Virtual Clone Drive.

In fact I'm about to reinstall Win7 to fix this problem, as system restore might not work and I don't want to waste my time trying it.
virtual clone drive appears to be working fine for me atm :cool:

haxxormaster i have to disagree on the basis that Virtual Clone Drive has been working perfectly for me and countless other people so far. Most other Virtual Disc Drives have been a problem in windows 7 thus far. You just came to a conclusion that no one should ever use them and that is wrong.

Any problem if I install it from a usb drive (pendrive)? My DVD drive is broken, so I mounted the ISO, copyed everything to my 8GB pendrive, booted from the pendrive and installed without problem.

Last edited:
yep ive tried deamontools(lite/pro) at first, but it looped on install/reboot ,
not fixed neither by doing install stdp manually/seperated before ^^.
after that ive tried another small 266Kb virtual driver/mount (works) but its commandline based , i prefer gui.
and so i installed power iso 4.2 and it works good (so till deamontools=fixed ill use PowerIso):cool:
(oh an vew version 4.3( ill check changelog if i need it :p ))
i havent tested nero;s image drive yet. ? has anyone ? :confused:
but yep mate a mine also got fracked up when installing MagicIso, bad bad software, and he2 had to reinstall/repair the OS

Back