Windows 7 Public Beta Question

Jammiedodger546

Hey guys,

Just wondering, but will the public beta be openly available to everyone or is it just a selected amount of people?

Jamie

Yes, the public Beta will be available for anyone to download once it is released. MS decided to extend testing of the Beta to the public back in October 08... :) At one time MS had said it would solicit beta testers using there normal process of gathering names from it's Connect.com site but changed their minds somewhere down the line I guess.... which equals :) for those of us not lucky enough to have been chosen on the Connect.com site... ;)

To the best of my knowledge there will be a link posted on either the Welcome to Windows 7 site or Microsoft's homepage... But don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% if that's where it will be... ;) but don't worry there WILL be an official link to it somewhere when it's released... :)

I haven't heard anything official, just the same rumoured dates of Jan 7th, 10th, and 13th... Either way, not long now! ;)

It should be on January 7th that is the most announced date for its release. The other date that has been announced is january 13th all over the country at different conferences. The closest to me is chicago and i plan to attend it just to get a genuine copy.

It would be a real treat for the general Public, if the beta is available for all.
Apart from a brief reference to an associated remark made at a PDC,often repeated, I have never seen a substantial statement from MS that it would be available for all, however. It matters little though. With the present official distribution list, it will be available on many sites for download within days, or even hours, of the DVD being issued.
If I read correctly, the present download which can be found by browsing, 7000, is the beta.

It would be a real treat for the general Public, if the beta is available for all.
Apart from a brief reference to an associated remark made at a PDC,often repeated, I have never seen a substantial statement from MS that it would be available for all, however. It matters little though. With the present official distribution list, it will be available on many sites for download within days, or even hours, of the DVD being issued.
If I read correctly, the present download which can be found by browsing, 7000, is the beta.

I'll have to find it again but it actually has been stated by Microsoft that the Beta will be available for EVERYONE to download (and I DON'T mean illegally)...I will post the article as soon as I find it again.. :)

EDIT:

This isn't the article I was talking about, I'm still trying to find that one, but this is another one that states it will be available for ANYONE to download...
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9118323

... :)

Yes. I have seen that before Radeknight. I am not disputing the possibility, but that is exactly the quote to which I refer. It has been oft repeated.
If you browse and read some of the transcripts of the PDC, (good luck - It's enormous!) (I think this one is complete. - LiveSide - Windows Live news and interviews ) I don't believe that was exactly what was said.
MS said something like "selected members of the general public" would be given the chance to download the beta, on Connect, from the lists of applicants.

Apparently it is only going to be available to the first 2.5 million people that click the download link. Anyone know a specific time it is going to be put up?

Sometime in the afternoon, California Time, as it says on the windows 7 home page. So Everyone be ready.

Imac sound issue

Can anyone help me, I've used bootcamp on an Imac running an intel chip. The problem is that I have no sound coming out even though windows says all :mad:is well.......please it's driving me crazy.

Back