Windows 7 Question: Could i run Windows7 in this PC?

Chr0sy

Hello and thank you too much who can help me.
Well i want to know if i can run Windows 7 in a PC with:
2.7 Windows Rating Score
3.01 gHz
512 MB Ram
128MB Graphic card...
I'm currently running Vista Home Basic but such as too much people say that Windows 7 takes less memory than Windows Vista.
Can anybody tell me: Can i run W7 in my PC with such programs as Firefox, Windows Live Messenger, Photoshop and some others?

Thank You!

Solution

I see nothing wrong with your rig either, Windows 7 will sure install and run on it. One slight problem can be with the Aero interface off if your card does not meat necessary requirements - NVIDIA GF 5000 +, ATI 9500 +, Intel GMA 950 +, Chrome S25, S27, and Gamma.

Upgrading Ram to 1-2 Gb...
nothing is guaranteed, but, yes, theoretically, you should be able to run 7 on that system.
I would add more ram though.

I'm running Windows 7 (got it from MSDN technet plus) on a 6 years old system and it's working fine, but cannot play new games or games that require too much RAM as my video card is too old and I have less than 3GB of RAM.

hardware: Pentium4 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM DDR-400, GeForce 7600GS 256MB AGP, 19" monitor at 1440x900 resolution
software: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits RTM, with latest drivers, Aero Glass interface fully enabled.

of course that on a Core2Duo laptop with 2GB of RAM and a onboard Intel GPU (64MB of memory) it runs faster due to the CPU and faster DDR-2 RAM.

I see nothing wrong with your rig either, Windows 7 will sure install and run on it. One slight problem can be with the Aero interface off if your card does not meat necessary requirements - NVIDIA GF 5000 +, ATI 9500 +, Intel GMA 950 +, Chrome S25, S27, and Gamma.

Upgrading Ram to 1-2 Gb would be a plus.

Solution

Yes Memory is very important in this factor.

And also once W7 is installed you may tweak it to use less resources if you are on a limited hardware machine.

Last edited: