Windows 7 Question for INTEL Chipset users

gizbug

Two questions. Is there a compatible version of the Intel Matrix Storage Utility/drivers?
Regarding Intel chipset drivers, will the latest vista 64 ones be sufficient for the 7 64bit beta?

Thanks

Two questions. Is there a compatible version of the Intel Matrix Storage Utility/drivers?
Regarding Intel chipset drivers, will the latest vista 64 ones be sufficient for the 7 64bit beta?

Thanks

I will just reverse the order of the questions with your implied permission in answering them :)

YES.

Is there a compatible version of the Intel Matrix Storage Utility/drivers?
Most likely Yes.
You may try this site:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2101&lang=eng

No Windows 7 version of Matrix.
Go with the Vista 64 then?
I can't be the only one on here who uses that.

No Windows 7 version of Matrix.
Go with the Vista 64 then?
I can't be the only one on here who uses that.
Since Windows 7 is still in Beta stage no Motherboard manufacturers, manufacturers of add -on cards, other devices such as Modems,Printers, scanners, WebCams, etc etc which have become part of Modern Desktop computers "peripherals" , and computer manufacturers themselves will create drivers only after they get the Win 7 RC. Some big manufacturers have started to make some software for the Win Beta 7 but their number is small [ Example Check this NVidai site: NVIDIA Graphics Supercharge Microsoft Windows 7]

One rule of thumb I use in selecting MoBo or devices when building PCs is to see if they are VISTA compatible. I had no problem using that rule in installing the Win 7 Beta in any of the PCs I have built.
Hope this answers your questions in full.:)

Back