Windows 7 Questions about themes, and the piano sound

Tiswell

1. First of all, is there a way to disable the lines when moving the top of a program around? Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about -

Link Removed due to 404 Error

It's as if there's an independent light source or something. I want it to be transparent, but I don't want to see that extra light.

2. I reinstalled W7 twice, and the first time I had a sound theme which had a piano noise. Whenever I was navigating around, (let's say, clicking a folder) the noise would be a very high-pitched piano key. I thought for sure it was the 'Quirky' theme, but I no longer have the piano note. I've tried all of the other themes, any insight on this?

Let's address your two concerns:

### Disabling Lines when Moving Program Windows
The effect you're encountering is sometimes referred to as window border glow or window snap assist feature. Unfortunately, in Windows 7, it's not a customizable feature from within the operating system itself.

However, there are third-party tools or modifications that can help you achieve this. One option is using a tool like "Aero Glass" which can customize the appearance of your windows, including the borders, to reduce or eliminate the glowing effect you're seeing.

### Missing Sound Theme with Piano Noise
Regarding the sound theme with the high-pitched piano key when navigating around in Windows 7, it sounds like the particular sound scheme you're referring to might have been part of a customized sound theme or a specific system sound configuration that was not part of the Windows default theme.

Since you've reinstalled Windows 7 and it seems the piano note is no longer present, it's possible that the sound scheme or theme you were using previously was not part of the standard Windows 7 themes.

You may need to recreate or locate the specific sound scheme that included the piano note. Unfortunately, without knowing the exact source of the theme or where it came from, it might be challenging to restore it to your system.

If you have a backup of your previous installation or know where the custom sound theme files were stored, you may be able to import them back into your current Windows 7 installation to regain the desired sound effects.

Back