Windows 7 RAM upgrade not detected

yk1551

I have a Toshiba Satelite C650 (PSC12C-00M00S) with Core i3. Previously it came with 4 GB RAM. It had previously 2GB + 2GB. What I did, I bought two 4GB RAM modules and replaced them with these two. I have Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit; But the problem is it is still showing 4GB in the System Properties. I did check the RAM slots, but they seem to be fine. What may be the problem? Any Solution? Here is the of screenshot of my System Information.

SystemInformation.JPG

Last edited:
Go to start orb, type in system configuration, select system configuration, select boot tab, select advanced options and tick the box for maximum memory and then use the up/down arrow to find your 8 gigs...."8192" is 8 gigs. Then ok your way out and reboot and then check.

yk1551, welcome to the forum!

Try switching those RAM sticks around to see if it makes any difference. Make sure that there's no trash in the slots. Although it would be preferable to use a can of compressed air, if you don't have it, take a straw & blow the slots out that way. I've done it myself, it's OK.

And I looked it up, that model of notebook is supposed to be able to run 8GB RAM, so that's not an issue. Sometimes, users buys extra RAM w/o checking to see if their computer will even be able to use it. I've seen that a few times, since 8GB kits were as low as $29.99 around last Thanksgiving. That's when I upgraded from 6GB to 8GB. Probably wasn't necessary, but for the price & brand name (GSKILL) & lifetime warranty, it was the best $29.99 that I spent last year.

Cat

Back
Top Bottom