Windows 7 random binded keys - how to unbind them?

silk186

Please help, suddenly I can't work on my thesis because it is to distracting to press backspace after every letter "s" and having the escape key either not function or bring up a help menu in other programs is also really annoying. The insert key also seems to be bound with something but I haven't figured out which key yet as that isn't as annoying and obvious. Is this some kind of a stupid joke virus or something as I wasn't playing with drivers or anything like that. I can't even figure out how to search for help on this one.

I've tried removing the keyboard drivers in Device Manager, rebooting and letting Windows 7 find the drivers.
Didn't help.

I don't have system restore set up.

Last edited:
I tried another keyboard and this problem did not persist with my Microsoft USB keyboard. Now it seems relevant to mention that the computer I'm having trouble with is a Samsung NP-R467 notebook. When I plugged in my Microsoft keyboard it installed new drivers and restarted. I would assume that this means it is driver related?

Removing the keyboard drivers in Device Manager, rebooting and letting Windows 7 find the drivers did help when I tried it before.

but it happens that when i press "s" it also presses "\" and when i press "esc" it also presses "F1" and the problem started at the same time

Have you spilled anything on the keyboard? Do you have the ability to remove it? Maybe turn the unit upside down and shake gently?

I do not use Sticky keys, but what you are seeing is not how I understand they work, and I do not know of another way to make it do what you say.

Do you show a keyboard panel in the Control Panel? If so, you may have a custom key settings. Perhaps something has gotten set in that.

Most laptops use a special utility to set specific keys, like open the DVD drive. Have you installed that or is there any other software that might change certain keys?

Back
Top Bottom