Windows 7 Random Blue Screen- Memory_Management

mrtom82

I am experiencing this annoying problem and I can't figure out why. My computer will randomly get the Blue screen of death and the blue screen says it's due to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I am using a custom built PC: Pentium i7 @ 3.33ghz, ASUS Rampage II extreme motherboard, ATI Raedon video card, 6gb DDR3 Ram running Windows 7 64bit. There are no specific applications that cause this, sometimes it just happens when I'm not using the computer and no apps are open. My PC never runs hot, the average temp is 31C for CPU and 29C for the system and never goes about 35C. I've run the Windows memory diagnostic and if found no problems. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm not overclocked now, but it happens no matter what speed I'm running at. I've run at 4.2ghz with no problems for hours, then I get the screen. Sometimes I won't get the blue screen for 8+ hours, other times I will get it 2-3 times in 1 hour. I would really appreciate any thoughts or ideas. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi,
blue screens are usually down to hardware/driver conflict so you may need to check your drivers and update if necessary.. Also is your bios the latest version?
If the above fails to provide anything then try testing your RAM but using this app found here: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
Only test one stick at a time!
The windows memory app just doesn't cut it really...

I am experiencing this annoying problem and I can't figure out why. My computer will randomly get the Blue screen of death and the blue screen says it's due to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I am using a custom built PC: Pentium i7 @ 3.33ghz, ASUS Rampage II extreme motherboard, ATI Raedon video card, 6gb DDR3 Ram running Windows 7 64bit. There are no specific applications that cause this, sometimes it just happens when I'm not using the computer and no apps are open. My PC never runs hot, the average temp is 31C for CPU and 29C for the system and never goes about 35C. I've run the Windows memory diagnostic and if found no problems. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm not overclocked now, but it happens no matter what speed I'm running at. I've run at 4.2ghz with no problems for hours, then I get the screen. Sometimes I won't get the blue screen for 8+ hours, other times I will get it 2-3 times in 1 hour. I would really appreciate any thoughts or ideas. Thanks!!

I had this same issue. I had a very similar issue to what you are describing, and it started after I upgraded to the x64 professional student edition. My RAM was fine, but then all of a sudden I was getting the same random blue screens. Memtest was not showing any errors at all, and my hdd was not showing errors either. But I finally buckled down and I tried to boot and run applications until it crashed. I found out one stick constantly crashed over and over. I pulled out the one stick and ran the other 2 on their own, and have been running it now like this for a week or so.

Please take my heed and test what I did. Pull each stick and save yourself the headache of what I went through. I had my system overclocked like you to 4GHZ forever, and it was stable since I first started overclocking. I had never had a single blue screen or crash since using Windows 7. I do not know why this is happening, but it seems that something is corrupting the RAM somehow.

Anyways, I hope that you can find my information useful, and save you some time in the long run. I am in the process of RMA'ing my RAM right now and hopefully a new set of 3 sticks will be better and I can get back to normal overclocking for gaming and such.

Good luck.

are you running these .dmp file with windows debugger ?

are there any drivers named ?

If you want you can zip and upload your .dmp files here for analysis in case we can glean any further info from them ?

If your sure it is Memory corruption purely caused by hardware then I agree do as Kemical and Kross07 suggest, maybe even try running on just one stick for while and monitor for a crash ?

Thank You!! I woke up this morning and had this exact problem. It seemed completely random and I thought that my RAID had crashed. After waisting three hours or so on other avenues, I finally took your advice and just pulled out one of my sticks of RAM. Lucky me, I picked out the defective module right off the bat. The computer runs just fine now. Just to verify that it was the module causing the issue, not the slot on the motherboard, I moved the working RAM into the slot that the non-working RAM was in. The computer still ran just fine. Then I took the defective module and put it in the computer and ran it solo. The computer wouldn't even boot up to the blue screen. It would immediately restart.

Back