Windows 10 Random BSOD and power downs.

JeRM

Well, sometimes my Dell Inspiron likes to randomly shut itself down mid-game, but it seems like it doesn't fully shutdown, and I say that because the keyboard will stay lit up, but the blue internal PC LEDs are off as if it is off. I will have to then pull the main power cable from the PSU and re-plug it in to power on the unit.

The power issue happened randomly today, so when I booted back up I tried using Dell's SupportAssist tool to see if it would turn up anything, but I immediately got a BSOD crash once starting the first diagnostic step. Clearly something is up.

I'm fed up with this Dell PC and looking to never buy one again. I will admit though that I did upgrade the GPU and PSU on this thing and Dell's are reportedly a pain when it comes to customizing, so some of this may be my own fault, BUT this PC -no joke- has had issues since I ever bought it and even had some parts swapped while under warranty by Dell early on.

Looking to see what can be troubleshot here. Link to minidump W7F files.

Hi,
sorry to reply so late.

I took a look at your dumps and both said this:

* Memory manager detected 1 instance(s) of corrupted pagefile page(s) while performing in-page operations.

Sounds like you have a corrupted pagefile. I'd turn it off reboot and turn it back on again.

Post back if your unsure on how to do this.

Hi,
sorry to reply so late.

I took a look at your dumps and both said this:

* Memory manager detected 1 instance(s) of corrupted pagefile page(s) while performing in-page operations.

Sounds like you have a corrupted pagefile. I'd turn it off reboot and turn it back on again.

Post back if your unsure on how to do this.
Thanks for taking a look. When this happens it is at random, not often, and it is typically while I'm gaming.

Does a corrupted pagefile point to a deeper issue?

Not that i know of unless of course the HD has an issue.

The dmp files were bugcheck 1a which can point to bad RAM but I think in your instance recreating the pagefile should be the key.

Back