Windows 7 Random BSOD - While PC is in Heavy use

Riroxi

Hello!

I need some help to solve this problem...

I getting random BSOD when playing games.

My SPECS:

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
8GB DDR3 1333mhz CORSAIR XMS3 (2 modules)
AMD PHENON II x6 1100T
2x Seagete 500GB barracuda on RAID 0 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits SP1.
2x SAMSUNG 250gb
520W CORSAIR HX PSU
ATI RADEON 6950 2GB

The most common game crashing is BF3

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

mem.jpgslot1.jpgslot2.jpg

Plz, someone can help me?

Thx and srry for my bad english

Attachments

• riroxi_bsod.rar
    388.4 KB · Views: 243
Problem here is definitely calling functions trying to cross over and an interrupt request can't be handled in that event. Everything I see is pointing towards the NT kernel itself as the culprit though, so not much there.

I see one big problem here, and a notorious one for BSOD's
Code:
fffff880`08df6000 fffff880`08dfe000   ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Sun Mar 27 20:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)

You want versions 2009 or later for ASACPI.sys - versions earlier than this (2005) are known BSOD causes

You can choose to disable the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility in DeviceManager (under System Devices) with no apparent problems, or update the driver.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Download is under Utilities as the ATK0110 driver

1) Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
2) Open the Device Manager.
3) Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device. In this case System Devices >> ATK0110 ACPI Utility
4) Choose Update Driver Software.
5) Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
6) Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
7) Select "Have disk"
8) Select "Browse"
9) Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
10) Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
11) After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the Asacpi.sys driver, right click it and check the dates under its properties. You're looking for a "Modified" date which should be at least 2009 or later.

If this issue continues afterwards, i'll get you to run Driver Verifier

Driver Verifier: Note make sure you backup your data first
If you have access to another computer you can contact us through your other working system in case any problems prevent you from getting into Windows. Make a System Restore point as well.

A startup repair disk may assist you in a system restore during boot if you can't get into Windows as well. In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start - All Programs - Maintenance - "Create a System Repair Disc". With Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation CD/DVD or the "Repair your computer" option in the F8/Safe mode boot menu

Follow these steps:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier.exe" and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings for code developers" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
- Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Note: If Norton Antivirus is installed, do not enable Driver Verifier's Deadlock Detection

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the BSOD. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then make sure to let it run for at least 48 hours.

Reboot into Windows after the crash once again and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, or by opening a command prompt and typing in: "verifier /reset" without the quotes. If for some reason you can't get into Windows after the crash and reboot, try booting up in Safe Mode, then try these options to disable Driver Verifier from there.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, it is recommended to try it in Safe Mode or boot from Last Known Good Configuration.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD or startup repair menu to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Make sure your minidumps are enabled so Driver Verifier can output one to the location for you, and post it so I can review it.

Last edited:
AceInfinity, thx for the fast response.

I make the update for
ATK0110. Now the driver is dated on 2009.

I will make some tests today and will post late.

Thx for help.

Riroxi

I'm back.

The update not solved the problem.

I'm posting the BOSD to you.

I'll make the other tests.

Please, just analisys this file for now...

Thanks

Attachments

• 012712-18564-01.rar
    24.3 KB · Views: 178
here is the verifier's bsod minidumps...

Plz, check them.

I'm still colecting more.

Thx!

Attachments

• bosd.rar
    33.9 KB · Views: 191
Update:

After i updated the AMD Chipset/USB 3.0/RAID Expert Drivers from AMD site and uninstalled Daemon Tools, i can boot the system while verifier is running.

I'll Make new tests now

"Can" or "Can't"? Sorry i'm just double checking to make sure that it wasn't a small spelling mistake as to what you mean, as you should have had access to your computer before driver verifier if you were able to post the dumps.

Please make sure to turn off driver verifier though as well.

In a command prompt use this command:
Code:
verifier /reset

I'm currently going to analyze the new minidumps, please be patient :)

kk

i CAN boot now. Before, i can't.

I disabled verifier and testing now on BF3. No BSOD until now.

Thx for now.

Testing today and post results late.

Both Driver verifier dumps point to usbfilter.sys as the problem with a memory read error. Probably some memory value in heap was deleted before it was finished being used, and the driver tried to access that invalid/missing memory location no longer there. The scope of that memory value had terminated before it was finished being used.

Code:
fffff880`07c55000 fffff880`07c62000   usbfilter T (no symbols)           
Loaded symbol image file: usbfilter.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbfilter.sys
Image name: usbfilter.sys
Timestamp:        Tue Dec 22 01:26:22 2009 (4B3082AE)
CheckSum:         0000DFD8
ImageSize:        0000D000
Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

This driver usually comes with a chipset driver package though, which makes it hard to track down.

I noticed you playing BF3 based on some logs if I can recall correctly? If this BSOD still persists Make sure you UNPLUG all USB devices except that of your mouse and keyboard.

If you use any specific game controllers to play this game, then it may be incompatible hardware.

Make sure that you're drivers are all up to date from the manufacturers website though, and we'll see what's next to take a look at.

Code:
BIOS Release Date             07/18/2011

BIOS seems rather up to date though from what i've checked, and BIOS updates if not needed can change lots of things fairly quick if it's not needed.

Well, another just now...

Yes, i playing BF3 on most cases, but happens on HoN too.

I dont know to do anymore...

All drivers are updated.

I have a mouse and printer USB. Disconecting the printer to test.

Thanks again

Attachments

• another_bsod.rar
    22.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Well, when i was playing HoN today, i received a new bug. My sound ran away!!!

now i have audio issues too!

The links contain a fix, but i can't aply to my system.

Thx for help..

Try running ChkDsk and System File Checker through an administrator command prompt.

Code:
sfc /scannow

Let that finish, then use ChkDsk.

Code:
chkdsk /r

Hello again.

sfc /scannow dont returned erros

chkdsk /r ended with this message:

"Windows has made corrections to the file system"

But dont found bad sectors

Well, after a lot of trying, i formated this machine, instaled only the basics, and only a game.

BSOD!

I'm suspecting one of RAM's modules.

I'm running the system without one of them, and is working fine.

When i tried to work with the other module, i received BSOD too

Making new tests.

Thx

Back