Windows 7 Random HDD become read only after reboot

V@no

Hello!

I'm having this weird problem. After about each second/third reboot one of my 6 hard drives become read only. It usually happen to a random drive (though, so far drive where W7 is installed never had that disease, yet) . I can't change any files on that drive and even right click option "New" is missing too (meaning I can't create new folders, files, etc.)
The drive stays read only until I run check disk with "automatic fix file system errors" enabled. (UPDATE: it worked only once, after that I had to clear up readonly attribute with Link Removed - Invalid URL shell command)
I don't recall ever seeing W7 do scan disk at startup, but I've seen XP doing that, but XP does it usually to one HDD, because of one faulty program I'm using on it. So, I'm not sure if W7 even has that scan at boot feature at all...If for some reason it decided mark a hdd as "dirty", then why not scan it at boot as XP does?

Just yesterday I fresh installed W7, and today a HDD that I haven't use (and no programs are using it) become read only.

I think it's some kind of a bug in OS itself, because it happens so random...

Any ideas what could cause this and most importantly how to make it stop it?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Bumping this post from 5th page.

Anyone experienced this problem?
Any clues what could cause this?

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom