Windows 7 Random restarts and BSODs?

tidesofcrimson

Hello,
I have been suffering from random restarts and BSODs over the past month or two. They are very aggravating to say the least. If there is a BSOD, most of the ones have read with the IRQL_not_equal_to error. I went to another forum and the person helping me was not very informative or willing to look at the log/dmp files. I suspect that it could be my nvidia 9800GT as this all started happening a few weeks after installing it. I have read elsewhere that the drivers have been making messes of people's computers so I hope its not that! Just in case I decided to uninstall the driver and reinstall it using the windows update utility. It seemed to be working fine when i got another BSOD that stated Memory_management. I have not seen this one before so I hope that it is not more serious! The random restarts and bsods seem to happen when I am playing Counter-strike, it has gotten to the point where i expect a restart when I start to play.

Here is other info about my system:
ASUS m2n32 sli deluxe wireless edition
4GB OCZ gold ram
AMD FX-62 dual core processor 2.81 Ghz
PNY nvidia 9800 GT 1GB

I can give more information if needed. Also attached is the dmp files in a zip as stated in the sticky. The problems have been more and more frequent, the problem is that this is not all of the files there should be since sometimes the computer restarts automatically without a BSOD even though I have it set to always show a BSOD.

Please help! And thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• help.zip
    1,005.9 KB · Views: 289
Hello, welcome.

1) Update Silicon Image storage card drivers:

SI3132 SI3132.sys Wed Oct 03 14:41:04 2007
SiWinAcc SiWinAcc.sys Thu Jun 14 20:02:27 2007
SiRemFil SiRemFil.sys Wed Jun 20 16:06:09 2007

Make sure all three drivers are updated after installing using the device manager. If not, copy/paste them from extracted folder over the ones at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/Si3124_13220_x86_logo_Win7.zip

Reboot.

2) Update wireless driver from Realtek:

RTL8187 RTL8187.sys Thu Jun 26 21:40:17 2008

Realtek

3) Uninstall this very old NVIDIA system utility driver:

nvoclock nvoclock.sys Tue Sep 04 22:26:31 2007

4) Install my attachment to update this ancient driver:

ASACPI ASACPI.sys Thu Aug 12 22:52:52 2004

5) Uninstall notorious MagicDisc or MagicISO:

mcdbus mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 05:42:13 2009

Reboot and install PowerISO to replace it:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

6) If issues persist, which they probably will not, then....

Post a screen shot of CPU-Z spd and memory tabs, along with new crash dumps so I can confirm you've made all changes well.

Attachments

• MB_WIN7_ATK.ZIP
    117.1 KB · Views: 202
Hey,
First of all thank you for the speedy reply! I seem to be having troubles getting the silicon image drivers to update. Do i drag the file from the extracted one over the old version? or just drop them into the drivers folder and hit replace? And which files do I need to do that with?

Extract the download to a folder. Then copy the 3 .sys files and paste to C:\Windows\System32\drivers.

When it asks you should you replace them or not, choose Copy and replace. Reboot.

Okay, I replaced the silicon image and ASACPI driver files but when I go into the device manager, it says the driver dates are the same as they were before even though the file is updated? I used the windows update to update the RTL8187 because on the website it has RTL8187L and RTL8187B and I have no clue which is which, or if it makes a difference, it updated it to a 2009 driver. I uninstalled MagicDisc and MagicISO. And I do not know how to uninstall the nvoclock, do I just find the file and delete it? I am sorry for the dumb questions but I am not used to getting this technical with drivers, thanks for your patience and the help!

Ehhhh about a little of that, mostly good I suppose.

If you have new crashes, post them and we'll take it from there.

Alrighty, I will go play CSS and see if it crashes at all. If I get new crashed should I post it in a new thread or post in here?

And again, thank you so much for the help!!

Well it has crashed 3 more times :(
There was 1 BSOD and it gave me the memory_management again.
This was the latest .dmp from 2 hours ago. It didnt make a new one after this last bsod 30 seconds ago

Yep, as I've said all above -

"If you have new crashes, post them and we'll take it from there."

"Post a screen shot of CPU-Z spd and memory tabs, along with new crash dumps so I can confirm you've made all changes well."

How do I where do I find the tabs to take the screenshots? and here is the last dump

UPDATE:
I updated the ATK driver to the newest one and the silicon driver you gave me was the wrong one so I went and found the right one on their website and updated it. That is all I have for tonight, going to bed. Thanks a lot and hopefully we can fix this tomorrow!

Attachments

• 120810-26566-01.dmp
    149.9 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Mem.PNGSPD.PNG

There is the screens of CPU-Z, in the SPD tab all slots read the same.

Delete >>> C:\Windows\System32\drivers\SI3124.sys

Delete >>> C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvoclock.sys (If it's not there, search your C: drive for it, then delete.)

Visit Logitech.com and update this: LHidFilt LHidFilt.Sys Wed Jun 17 12:49:04 2009

Update:

SiWinAcc SiWinAcc.sys Thu Jun 14 20:02:27 2007
SI3132 SI3132.sys Wed Oct 03 14:41:04 2007
SiRemFil SiRemFil.sys Wed Jun 20 16:06:09 2007

----------

The crash involves Firefox's plug-in container, so you'd be best off updating that Realtek driver from their site. Do your research if you need, becuase your pc doesn't really care either way if you know which one you have or not. If the crash was really because of the Realtek driver, it isn't going to check first to see if you know which exact it is to update properly, before it crashes again.

Reboot.

Last edited:
Okay so I deleted both of those drivers, updated the logitech program/drivers. This is what is weird about the SI3132, the updated driver says 2009 but the files say 2007, i have a screen here with it all.
screen1.PNG
Now the biggest problem. I tried to install a new realtek driver, the B one, and it messed up my whole wireless. It gave a BSOD and the dump is attached. I uninstalled it, got my mobo disk and put the old driver on, it still didnt work. Then i got the 100ft ethernet out so I can post back here and updated it back to what it was in the first place, still broken. So as of now i am wireless-less and everything else seems updated like you said to do. Just a thought, if it involves firefox should I just fresh install it again?

Attachments

• latest dmp.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 166
No, Firefox can not cause bsods and there is nothing wrong with it at all. It only accessed drivers (Realtek most likely) that caused the issue.

No doubt, the latest crash dump shows this:

Code:
Unable to load image rtl8187B.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtl8187B.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtl8187B.sys
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000D1, {0, 2, 1, a20fc578}

Probably caused by : rtl8187B.sys ( rtl8187B+13578 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

You probably chose the wrong update. Like I said, research your hardware until you are sure which update to apply.

Okay well it is back to the old driver that was on it before and it still isn't working. Have any ideas on fixing it?

Yep, install the proper driver from Realtek's site after uninstalling all the wireless Realtek software first.

You could tell when you have the correct one when the .sys file name is the same as the original.

Use only the device manager to install. If there is included software, do not install it.

Also make sure the WLAN service is set to automatic.

Last edited:
I have uninstalled everything that I could with the drivers for that. I took the .sys file and put it into the drivers folder and let the device manager do the rest. It has labeled this adapter as #3 and it still is not working. I am so frustrated with realtek's drivers and this mobo.

Back
Top Bottom