Windows 7 Random restarts and BSODs?

It's not Realtek nor your motherboard's fault. Install like this.

1) Uninstall all Realtek WLAN software.

2) Reboot. Extract the driver I said to a folder.

3) Open Device Manager. Right click the Realtek lan or Unknown Device if it changed to that. Choose Update Driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse. Now find and double click on the .inf in the extracted folder. Hit ok, then next and magically, it will be installed properly.

Well I guess it is installed properly and is just malfunctioning because it is updated and I did it the exact way you said. I don't know what is wrong but I guess I will just stay wired if all of this has fixed my crashing/bsod problems haha

You could have just called me an idiot, that would have made me realize I was typing in the wrong password the whole time. *face palm*
Well thanks for everything, if it still acts up I'll be sure to post back with the dumps and all.

Thanks for putting up with my idiocy!

Has been restarting pretty regularly for the past 30 mins, about every 8 mins or so. I have noticed that it has done this when I have been on the history channels website to play a sweepstakes that I am pretty sure is using Flash to run it. Anyways, the one BSOD that I did get was the IRQL again. Here is the .dmp.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 12-10 716pm.zip
    17 KB · Views: 175
The memory is defective. To solve the problems, replace entirely with a new matching set.

I really would update those Silicon Image drivers, which I can see in the screen shot are 2007 still and also in the crash dump as well.

i.e. SiWinAcc.sys and SiRemFil.sys.

Last edited:
that is what I was afraid of :( Is there a way to check each stick and replace the defective one? or just go ahead and get rid of it all? And I tried to update the drivers but that is the newest one that I can find on their website. Finally, any suggestions on what memory to get?

Copy/paste the .sys files directly over the existing ones. All 3 of them. Reboot.

If you install new memory while keeping even 1 of the old, that is asking for more problems then you already have.

My advice stands as is, with good reason.

If you aren't going to get new memory and simply going to just remove the defective one and that's all .... then you can test one at a time in the slot closest to CPU, while removing others.

Alrighty,
So to test for the defective one, just put it in the slot and see if a) it boots and b) try to make it crash by doing what I have normally been doing when it crashed right?

and thanks for the help :)

Also, does it matter if the memory that I buy is on the QVL list as long as it is DDR2-800?

Last edited:
Found the bad stick. Also found out that all of these crashed and restarts have taken a toll on my PSU because for the past 15 mins I have been trying to get the computer to start but all i got was dim and slow fans then a fail with everything turning off accept the light on the mobo. Since I have had this problem with other computers before, i believe that the PSU is also broken and I am going to replace it. :(

Will do if it happens again, its working fine for now with the 3 good sticks.

Thanks a bunch!

Update:
Speak of the devil. BSOD said the uncorrectable hardware error.

here is screens like you asked for and the .dmp

Can this problem be from a faulty PSU? Because if so then i will for sure be replacing it.

Thanks again for the help.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    64.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    69.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 12-12-1231am.zip
    32 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Back